120 Will be fun!

pdaddy

I agree - if Hudkins is healthy he would be my pick.  What happened to him?

If he is not 100% then I would go with Reitz as a second pick

I think Brock had to have surgery and is currently recovering.

4. Should, could, and if aren't going to wrestling Elliot. 5. No state placer is long shot. I'm old so I'll reference Rob Pavletic. No conference title, no regional, no semi-state title. State Champ for Hobart at 171. Maybe the biggest upset in state history. Anyone at Bankers Life has a shot.

That doesn't make you old, but it does go back a ways - 1990, if I recall.  Great dude.  Not the best technician, but he was a beast in the weight room.

Breyden Bailey has one high school loss thus far in his career (semi-final of the State Championships). He's gotta be something like 75-1 right now. And, he has done it through one of the more brutal schedules in the state (Traicoff, State Duals, etc). He's tireless. Sleeps in the wrestling room most nights. Focused. Feeling good about his chances to be the next champ for the Irish. He won't be outworked, that is for sure. Get 'em, Breyden.   

What teams are all at the Garrett Invite this year?

Garrett, East Noble, Leo, Warsaw, West Noble, Angola, Wayne, South Side, Northrop, Dekalb, South Adams, Jay County, Bishop Dwenger, and Norwell.

Looking to grow the tournament to 16 as we are currently at 14 teams.

Hudkins will be back soon .

I am glad to hear that! Going to be a good time! Lots of great kids in this weight class, who are keeping the bar set high in Indiana! If Hudkins is back I would say this will be the most loaded weight class in our tourney for sure!

As all of you have said this will be a fun weight to watch at the bank. My opinion is no one beats a healthy Hudkins, he's an animal and I've been a big fan of his since he's been a middle schooler. Although I feel I'd have to give my pic to either Reitz or Bailey. Reitz has experience under the lights which goes a very long way. Bailey has put in the work in the off season I'm not from around Indy so I don't know for sure but it seems like he takes no days off. If Hudkins isnt 100% I think it goes to one of them if he's healthy he doesn't have any problems walking out with the title.

Bailey is very tough, no doubt. I was extremelyimpressed with him last year when I saw him at New Castle semi state. I had him as my favorite to win state last year, but he didn't seem to unleash his offense at state the way he did at semi state.

I would be surprised if he finished his career without a state championship or two.

However, I think the next champ for the Irish is Rypel.

Good luck to the Irish.

Breyden Bailey has one high school loss thus far in his career (semi-final of the State Championships). He's gotta be something like 75-1 right now. And, he has done it through one of the more brutal schedules in the state (Traicoff, State Duals, etc). He's tireless. Sleeps in the wrestling room most nights. Focused. Feeling good about his chances to be the next champ for the Irish. He won't be outworked, that is for sure. Get 'em, Breyden.

Hudkins, Reitz, Bailey and Elliott are all studs! Any of them could win it at any point..depends who is on thier game that weekend! It's going to be fun to watch all them compete at 120

Don't forget about Miller and Egli

It'll be Reitz or Bailey, maybe Miller. I think I'd give the nod to Reitz, though. Experience under the lights is huge, especially when you've walked off with the W. Elliot has been beaten by one of said favorites. Egli took a loss to a kid that weighed in at 114. 

It'll be Reitz or Bailey, maybe Miller. I think I'd give the nod to Reitz, though. Experience under the lights is huge, especially when you've walked off with the W. Elliot has been beaten by one of said favorites. Egli took a loss to a kid that weighed in at 114.

Are you referring to Egli's loss to Konrath? He would compete with all of the 120's and may be the favorite at that weight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.