Team State Talk and Predictions

Their lineup has changed probably 5-6 times this year due to sickness and injury. I believe 170,182,220 is not what started the season. And there was 9 starters now that did not wrestle varsity last year. Great coaching job.

So the lineup they put on the mat yesterday was not their best lineup if everyone was healthy? I don't think starters not wrestling varsity last year has neccessarily anything to do with health.

My post stating 9 new varsity wrestlers had nothing to do about health. Just stating there are alot of new wrestlers not used to a big stage like yesterday doing a great job. And I believe the Coaches did a heck of a job putting their best on the mat.

Congrats to EMD for winning the IHSWCA Team State Championship for 3A. Perry would not take anything away from Penn (had they won) or EMD for winning. The Penn fan that's been posting excuses all year for their loses, I'm sure isn't what the Harper staff is saying or thinking. That group is a class act with a lot to be proud of. It's real simple, Perry beat Penn in the semis and EMD beat Perry in the finals.

I don't like the way Forzley wrestles.  He's way too high and does nothing but try and out muscle the other guy.  He got himself in so much trouble in the match against Goddard.  He deserved to lose and quite frankly, I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

@ 152 - Does anyone know what Mitch Lehman actually weighs?  He looks smaller than the guys he's wrestling.  He was a SS qualifier 2 years ago and didn't wrestle last year and has been really struggling this year.  Wondering if he is wrestling up in weight because of the logjam with the Lee's and Blake Jourdan?  In fact, I don't recall seeing a MD wrestler completely dominated like he was against Dominik Herrick.

You are fact-challenged.  First of all, Mitch did wrestle last year.  He was a full-time member of the team.

If you do not recall a Mater Dei wrestler getting dominated, you must not follow Mater Dei very closely.  Last year, outside of Nick Lee, every other varsity member (That's 13 wrestlers!) was either majored, teched or pinned in a match, at least one time.  Mater Dei fans will tell you that our kids are regularly "dominated."  That happens when you wrestle a tough schedule.

As far as your dislike of Forzley, well, that's the great thing about messageboards.  One can spout his uninformed opinions all he likes.

BTW-  It's "Dominic", not "Dominik"

How about Adams County wrestling? Adams Central wins it's 2nd class A title giving them 2 out of 3 titles with a runner up. Bellmont finishing second in their first appearance. South Adams has quality wrestlers who could and should make it to state and maybe bring home a title. For a small county in the middle of nowhere, Adams County is producing quality wrestling.

Great day of wrestling. My only complaint about the tournament was the LONG breaks in between rounds. I understand the need, but it seemed silly that so many 2 hour plus breaks existed in between some wrestlers matches. Also, I thought it was unfortunate that red and his father did not decide to bump up and take the challenge. The match would have been one for the ages, and although I believe lee would win, the match would allow two of the pound for pound best wrestlers in the state and maybe in state history to challenge one another. At the point the match would have occured, the dual was decisively over. It would not have made any difference in the dual. Nothing against the kid, but I believe that to be the best you must beat the best. These two kids are the best, and it would have gotten a lot of attention and gained both kids a national competition quality opponent. There are wrestlers around the country that travel thousands of miles to get quality competition, with an opponent like lee in front of you, you've got to take it.

I don't typically comment. But in my opinion. CJ doesn't need to prove he is the best to anyone but himself,and all those college scoutes I'm sure that are knocking on his door. I'm sure he decided to go a certain weight class just like Lee did. CJ proved himself the best when he won super 32. Just my opinion.

I don't typically comment. But in my opinion. CJ doesn't need to prove he is the best to anyone but himself,and all those college scoutes I'm sure that are knocking on his door. I'm sure he decided to go a certain weight class just like Lee did. CJ proved himself the best when he won super 32. Just my opinion.

I don't believe that red has the need to prove anything to anyone. He's a two time state champ and can likely finish his high school career without a blemish. Watching him this year, I think he truly looks like the beast he's been training to be for his entire life. I think if there is anyone to prove anything to its himself. Like I said, to be the best you have to beat the best. I think that years from now, he's going to regret not wrestling lee because he could have solidified his career with a win over another kid that everyone believes will be regarded as one of the best in the history of the state. No doubt both of them are elite and may be 1a and 1b in a pound for pound ranking. Maybe we'll be able to see it next year.

I dont believe there is nothing wrong with red not bumping up to wrestle lee. HOWEVER if he would have bumped up win or lose which I believe he had a shot at winning heda instantly became one of my all time favorites. Because that takes some kahunas. If he won then he would have probably of taken over my best wrestler spot also. Either way he is a monster and I dont see ANYONE in the world beating him at his own weight class.

Red has won against all competition at his weight class.  I do not blame him for wanting to finish his HS career undefeated and 4 time state champ.  The list of undefeated wrestlers is very short -- did Lance Ellis ever bump up just to test himself against the state's best in another weight?  Maybe, but I don't know.  All I know is that he finished undefeated over 4 years.  It doesn't lessen his accomplishment, nor should this lessen Chad Red's record so far and at the end of his 4 years.

I don't like the way Forzley wrestles. He's way too high and does nothing but try and out muscle the other guy. He got himself in so much trouble in the match against Goddard. He deserved to lose and quite frankly, I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

@ 152 - Does anyone know what Mitch Lehman actually weighs? He looks smaller than the guys he's wrestling. He was a SS qualifier 2 years ago and didn't wrestle last year and has been really struggling this year. Wondering if he is wrestling up in weight because of the logjam with the Lee's and Blake Jourdan? In fact, I don't recall seeing a MD wrestler completely dominated like he was against Dominik Herrick.

You obviously do not follow anyone besides EMD because if you did you would know....dare I say it HERRICK is tough as nails and so is his pops! Did you not witness his epic match with Garman? The kid is legit period.

How about Adams County wrestling? Adams Central wins it's 2nd class A title giving them 2 out of 3 titles with a runner up. Bellmont finishing second in their first appearance. South Adams has quality wrestlers who could and should make it to state and maybe bring home a title. For a small county in the middle of nowhere, Adams County is producing quality wrestling.

It's always been pitched, what an Adams County Wrestling team would look like. I'd say pretty dangerous!

You are fact-challenged.  First of all, Mitch did wrestle last year.  He was a full-time member of the team.

If you do not recall a Mater Dei wrestler getting dominated, you must not follow Mater Dei very closely.  Last year, outside of Nick Lee, every other varsity member (That's 13 wrestlers!) was either majored, teched or pinned in a match, at least one time.  Mater Dei fans will tell you that our kids are regularly "dominated."  That happens when you wrestle a tough schedule.

As far as your dislike of Forzley, well, that's the great thing about messageboards.  One can spout his uninformed opinions all he likes.

BTW-  It's "Dominic", not "Dominik"

I don't think my opinions are uninformed at all, whether you like them or not. I don't get the attack.  

Great book by the way.  I'm not trying to pick a fight, because you no doubt no more details about MD wrestling and these kids than I do.  From what I can see Mitch didn't wrestle varsity at all last year, or if he did, it wasn't significant time.  My point was, he seems to be struggling and I wondered if there was something more to the story.    If not, then I simply hope he continues to improve.  But I will say that in my limited viewing of MD wrestling, I don't recall seeing a kid who was once a SS qualifier getting dominated so badly, so it made me thinking maybe he was struggling for a reason, hence my question if he was wrestling up in weight.  Maybe he had been injured?  I don't know.  It could have been just that match.  My point was more to ask questions than to criticize.  I thought I was clear. Maybe I wasn't. Perhaps you could chime in on that?  I know and understand MD kids lose.  I'm not a rookie to all of this.  It was just surprising to me.  

Sorry about the typo on misspelling a kids first name, if that struck a chord.  

And lastly, I don't recall Forzley wrestling that way the last time I saw him in person.  I was just surprised because he seemed to be focused completely on the upper body and trying to out muscle the guy.  It is just an opinion.  Sorry if my post offended, especially since 95% of what I post on here is pro-MD and southern IN.  

You obviously do not follow anyone besides EMD because if you did you would know....dare I say it HERRICK is tough as nails and so is his pops! Did you not witness his epic match with Garman? The kid is legit period.

No, I don't know every wrestler in the state.  Nor did anything I post infer the other kid wasn't very good or tough.  I just didn't expect that match to be that one sided.  Perhaps my expectations were off.  Sorry for having an opinion.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.