Notable wins upsets 12/20

ontherise219

I would have loved to video taped some of the really great matches at Marion County yesterday but I know that it is against the rules therefore I don't out of respect of the rules and the wrestlers/coaches.  It is just as easy to take notes with a pen and paper (old school ways).  I know with todays tech though it is almost impossible to stop.  Me, I will stay old school.

I am a Cathedral guy and I watched the County on my living room couch on my big screen. Apple Airplay through my iPad. Maybe I taped it on my old school VCR, maybe I didn't. Either way, technology has passed these old school rules and bureaucracy by. It would be pretty awesome for the sport if we had a system like football has with HUDL. Then, the dedicated wrestlers could film study their opponents for an added edge. Call me progressive. . .  

I am a Cathedral guy and I watched the County on my living room couch on my big screen. Apple Airplay through my iPad. Maybe I taped it on my old school VCR, maybe I didn't. Either way, technology has passed these old school rules and bureaucracy by. It would be pretty awesome for the sport if we had a system like football has with HUDL. Then, the dedicated wrestlers could film study their opponents for an added edge. Call me progressive. . .  

There is a difference between coaches trading video on Hudl and a coach going and filming an event his team isn't participating in. In football a coach cannot go and film a game in which his team is not participating. Coaches can and do trade film in wrestling much like they do in football.

There is a difference between coaches trading video on Hudl and a coach going and filming an event his team isn't participating in. In football a coach cannot go and film a game in which his team is not participating. Coaches can and do trade film in wrestling much like they do in football.

so what's the difference then in having a match taped by a parent or an assistant coach?......if it's against the rules to do that you would think you wouldn't be able to trade film because that's in a sense the same thing........actually it is the same thing......

so what's the difference then in having a match taped by a parent or an assistant coach?......if it's against the rules to do that you would think you wouldn't be able to trade film because that's in a sense the same thing........actually it is the same thing......

The difference is you are filming your own kid first and not two kids that have no association with your team.

Here is my question why film another wrestler? Most the time Parents/Wrestlers/Coaches don't even watch the tape on their own match to help get better. Also the kids that are on a different level while they might have their go to moves, they normally have more in their arsenal then just that. That is my two cents in this conversation.

Also can we move this to another forum and get back to match on this one? 

Not if in essence you are getting the same results. You are still getting the upperhand that the rule was made to prevent. Don't get me wrong I do 't like the rule eiter. Unfortunately though if you in one post are going to say you can't "bend the rules", then turn around and say it is okay to circumvent the rule, it would appear that you contradict yourself.

You don't see a difference between filming your own team and filming others?

i absolutely see the difference.....my point is that by coaches "sharing" film with other coaches, it is essentially the same thing in the end......some coach somewhere gets film on a wrestler that he wants to see that he won't wrestle against till state or on the way to state......so rather an assistant coach, parent, friend or whomever filmed it, he gets it......which i guess in the "spirit" of the rule, is really "bending" the rule......in the end i could care less and i think it's a dumb rule......there's no rule against a coach going and watching or the wrestler going and watching so really what's the use of this rule?......especially if the coach or kid has a photographic memory......lol

So since you think it's a dumb rule you advocate that people should "bend it."  However on a thread about weight you advocate not bending the rule that a kid that is .1 over can't wrestle.

Can I please have a list of bendable rules from you?

i never said that i thought you should bend the rule.......if it's a rule then it shouldn't be"bent".....i merely said that i bet it gets "bent" often.....in more ways than one apparently since as you said coaches share film......same thing either way you look at it. 

as for being overweight, that's a pretty cut and dry issue......if you're over, you're over.......

The amount of rules that make zero sense and push some unknown agenda are numerous...the 1.5% rule is hardly followed, the travel restrictions make zero sense, everyone has multiple cameras on them at any given point so policing the camera rule is insane.....at somepoint the rules and the sport need to evolve and "grow up" in a sense...however i will be the first one to say easier said than done....

i never said that i thought you should bend the rule.......if it's a rule then it shouldn't be"bent".....i merely said that i bet it gets "bent" often.....in more ways than one apparently since as you said coaches share film......same thing either way you look at it. 

as for being overweight, that's a pretty cut and dry issue......if you're over, you're over.......

The rule isn't being bent if two coaches trade tape of their own kids. That isn't bending that is how the rule is written. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.