Notable wins upsets 12/20

ontherise219

Dylan Lydy over Cameron Jones 8-2

Dylan Lydy was very impressive today.  He completely took Jones out of his offense.  Jones is a very good wrestler and will contiue to get better.  Those long arms and legs are quick and deadly.  Great win today Dylan Lydy.

one of the Cathedral coaches did. I caught him recording all the county matches. I even took pictures of him. Calling IHSAA on Monday to let them know.

I wonder why they would need tape on this match. If they put a game plan together to beat cash or James. I think they should be coach of the year.

Why is this even a rule? Big Babies.

i gotta agree what a dumb rule........anyone else (a parent)  could have taped the match and then gave it to them so who cares.....if that's the case then an opposing coach should not be able to watch any of his teams matches for fear he might "get the edge" on someone........lol 

i gotta agree what a dumb rule........anyone else (a parent)  could have taped the match and then gave it to them so who cares.....if that's the case then an opposing coach should not be able to watch any of his teams matches for fear he might "get the edge" on someone........lol 

Rule 9-18 Scouting

Filming, telecasting or video taping for scouting purposes of any season contest by any party other than the two participating schools shall be prohibited. Parents may not videotape an opponent’s contest for scouting purposes. 

Rule 9-18 Scouting

Filming, telecasting or video taping for scouting purposes of any season contest by any party other than the two participating schools shall be prohibited. Parents may not videotape an opponent’s contest for scouting purposes. 

wow......bet that "parent" rule has gotten bent a few times

Why is this even a rule? Big Babies.

wow......bet that "parent" rule has gotten bent a few times

that is literally the dumbest rule EVER!!! The IHSAA can kick rocks!

Reaching under the arms and touching as low as both sides of the headgear gets you hit with a point for an illegal Full Nelson even though we all know their is really no risk of injury from that position. There are a myriad of similar example of minuscule/dumb reasons kids possibly could lose points in a match, but they are still rules. They maybe miniscule/dumb but it's a rule and those participating in the sport should know it and attempt to follow it. You can't really argue your way out of the call by saying it's dumb, because it a standing rule. Just the same as you can't really argue yourself out of a speeding ticket by saying it's dumb you are getting one when everyone else was speeding. The video recording rule (as far as wrestlers, parents, or coaches taping other wrestlers matches to gain an advantage) is a standing IHSAA rule and as such should be known by those participating and followed. Even if it maybe dumb to some people. Only alternative is to get the IHSAAS to change it.

Although I agree rules are rules, that doesn't make them right or smart. And just because you try to get somthing changed (because it hurts the sport) like the State bracket system, that doesn't mean you can get it changed (it's been tried for years). From what I read I guess a sibling, grandparent, other family members or just a friend can video the match and your good to go. I could see the IHSAA banning coaches and thoughs affiliated with the schools. But parent? Silly silly silly!!!!

Although I agree rules are rules, that doesn't make them right or smart. And just because you try to get somthing changed (because it hurts the sport) like the State bracket system, that doesn't mean you can get it changed (it's been tried for years). From what I read I guess a sibling, grandparent, other family members or just a friend can video the match and your good to go. I could see the IHSAA banning coaches and thoughs affiliated with the schools. But parent? Silly silly silly!!!!

I would venture to guess that if anyone not associated with the wrestlers on the mat is filming that they would be violating the rule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.