Mater Dei Holiday Classic

There is always a lot of confusion on what is a whole different level.    The Lee brothers are on a whole different leavel than most of the guys that they would

run into.  That is a fact.  But they probably are not on a whole different level than a few of the top guys in the state.  Cash, James, etc.

A little perspective.  One particular wrestler I know has pinned all of the guys he has faced this year.  Does that mean no one else in the State

can touch him?   No it doesn't mean that at all.  It just means he has not faced anyone of his level yet... "Not yet".

I'll bite. I don't know enough about Joe Lee to speak of. Nick, however, is on a different level. If memory serves me correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong), he TECH / PINNED his way through FARGO! I call that a different level. No confusion here.

I'll bite. I don't know enough about Joe Lee to speak of. Nick, however, is on a different level. If memory serves me correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong), he TECH / PINNED his way through FARGO! I call that a different level. No confusion here.

I believe the original statement was made about Joe. But I will give you a little more perspective on Nick. He wrestled awesome in Fargo. But I also believe he was going against all 15 year old boys. I am not trying to down play Nick at all. It just comes on a little strong when you guys proclaim that no one else has a shot. There are some other really good guys in this state. I just don't think you get to see some of them.

I never said no one has a shot against Joe, I simply meant that I feel no one at the MD Holiday Classic has a shot. Alot of good wrestlers will be at 138 there, but I don't think any of them are on Joe's level. Now Cash, James, etc is a whole new story. But, just simply talking this tournament I feel Joe won't be touched, like I said though, I could be wrong, kinda hope I am so we can see some good wrestling!!

Man how fun would it be to see Nick Lee and Chad Red adjust up/down for one tournament just to see what happens.  Nothing on the line more than pride and maybe p4p bragging rights, it would make for an awesome event.  And wouldn't hurt either one's long term chances at winning state.    Ok, back to reality...

I would pay big to see that!

I never said no one has a shot against Joe, I simply meant that I feel no one at the MD Holiday Classic has a shot. Alot of good wrestlers will be at 138 there, but I don't think any of them are on Joe's level. Now Cash, James, etc is a whole new story. But, just simply talking this tournament I feel Joe won't be touched, like I said though, I could be wrong, kinda hope I am so we can see some good wrestling!!

I can understand that.

106 Miranda AV

113 Konrath MV

120 Skaggs AV

126 Red NP

132 Lee MD

138 Lee MD

145 Jourdan MD

152 Lynch NA

160 Helm AV

170 Stevenson FC

182 Elmore AV

195 Sherman UC

220 Larson AV

285 York FC

I think Helm has been going 170, do you have info that he is dropping to 160?

I believe the original statement was made about Joe. But I will give you a little more perspective on Nick. He wrestled awesome in Fargo. But I also believe he was going against all 15 year old boys. I am not trying to down play Nick at all. It just comes on a little strong when you guys proclaim that no one else has a shot. There are some other really good guys in this state. I just don't think you get to see some of them.

1.  "I believe the original statement was about Joe". - The quoted post specifically cited the "Lee brothers".

2. "....against all 15 year old boys" - I get the point that it was the Cadet age group. However, I doubt that many other kids in Indiana history have had that much success at Fargo (If you know of any, please name them). Not to mention the fact that Nick was a freshman wrestling all other ages and did not really have any competition in the state that I recall (obviously with the exception of Micic). (Recall his match for 3rd place at state).

3. "....when you guys proclaim" - I am not sure who "you guys" are, but I am not in that group. Notice how I never said anything about no one else having a shot. I simply stated that Nick's accomplishments are on a different level than most.

I initially said that i thought Nick was better than Joe, but after watching the Castle 6 way, i couldn't tell the 2 apart. Joe is every bit the talent Nick is and thats scary because Nick was by far the best freshmen wrestler I've ever seen in the state of Indiana. Yea i said it

Thoughts:

I hope Ervin goes 106.  He wrestled 113 on 12/6.

Miranda will beat Diep or Kraeszig or both.

I hope Micah Ervin (7th grader) goes 113.  He won Harrison 10-way last week at 120.

I hope Scheffer goes 120.  He wrestled 126 on 12/6.

Red and Nick Lee will have very little competition at their respective weight classes, with the exception of Alex Johnson at 126.

I still like Joe Lee's chances to cruise at 138.

152, 170 and 182 look like a barn burners!

106- S. Ervin UC

113- A. White NP

120- P. Konrath MV

126- C. Red NP

132- N. Lee MD

138- J. Lee MD

145- B. Jourdan MD

152- N. Foster BW

160- A. Forzley MD

170- D. Lampe SX

182- T. Frankrone TR

195- S. Bassmier MD

220- G. Larson AV

285- Q. York FR

Not to underestimate anyone of these guys but I've seen Ervin, Diep and Miranda first hand in the last couple months and if forced I would have them:

1. Ervin

2. Diep

3. Miranda

All three are tough guys and good on their feet, Diep being alittle more of a scrambler will create problems. All three better show up ready for a fight!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.