Team Rankings: IndianaMat 3A Dual Ranking

Y2CJ41

It is fully understood that not every team can participate. The committee has a tough task of selecting the best teams. It is also understood that (2) teams from the DAC were asked to participate & declined. But the criteria & event must be questioned if a team that is better than one of the teams that declined. As far as "unnecessarily repetetive", hopefully it will be a tool to help get it right.  It is pretty clear that the Indians have proved they deserve to be there.

Too bad the #3 team didn't even get an invite to the Team "Indy" State Championships! IHSWCA = Indianapolis High School Wrestling Coaches Association

I guess we will find out next weekend if they are in fact the #3 team ,when they face the #4 team . 

I will be looking forward to the Penn/Portage dual also, to see where portage is as a dual team, but it will be a dual, which is not how the team state champion will be determined (not that the indians are in the caliber of a state championship this year) even if they lose the dual meet they still beat the number 4 team in an individual tourney

I will be looking forward to the Penn/Portage dual also, to see where portage is as a dual team, but it will be a dual, which is not how the team state champion will be determined (not that the indians are in the caliber of a state championship this year) even if they lose the dual meet they still beat the number 4 team in an individual tourney

What is your Point? This is a Dual ranking thread . The Ihswca Is also a Duals Tourney to find out the best Dual team . 

Portage beat Penn at the Harvest Classic when Penn was without state qualifier Austin Slates , 2013 Iswa Cadet state champ Denzl Prentice and Starter Cameron Beam . Add in the fact that almost the entire upper weights for Penn were only in the room for 2 weeks because of making it to Semistate in Football . Kudos to Portage for winning the Harvest , but I think we will get a much clearer picture where these teams stand , when they meet at the Penn Super Dual .

I have to say I really miss the team state tournament.   I am not sure how to pull it off again but

It would be nice to see who would win head to head.  I really think Hamilton Southeastern could be a top 10 team this year.

I wounder if there is a way to take some of the early Dual format tournament and have the winner qualify for the team

state?

It will be a good dual I'm sure but before we get to far if beam is your 32. Sellis was 4th prentice is really good martorano was still ahead of Morgan. And penn won 182,220,285 it's hard to see their football guys getting more points then that.

I was referring to point scoring at the Harvest . No doubt in my mind that Beam picks up more points than the JV kid , Prentice picks up more points than Martorano (Maybe a fall or two) and same for Slates . With there full lineup , I see Penn winning 8-9 matches in a dual

Doesn't Portage beating Merrillville give you a good idea where there are as a duals team?

Not really , how good is Merrillville this year ? Both Portage and Merrillville have 4 state ranked wrestlers . When either team beats teams with 6+ state ranked wrestlers in a dual , then that will give a clear indication where they stand . Penn with a full lineup beat Portage 60-9 last year . I know it will be much closer this year , but alot of people are putting the cart before the horse , including the rankings people , based off the Harvest Classic . If Portage beats Penn next weekend , then by all means they are deserving of #3 . 

I was referring to point scoring at the Harvest . No doubt in my mind that Beam picks up more points than the JV kid , Prentice picks up more points than Martorano (Maybe a fall or two) and same for Slates . With there full lineup , I see Penn winning 8-9 matches in a dual

Yea slates for sure what weight is beam? 26? Manspeaker and sellis were both 4th sellis due to injury. I think they are better with slates and prentice. Slates helps a lot but your making it sound like they sent their JV. Martorano was the 1 seed.

Merrillville is still pretty good state ranked

Delapena 113

Clarence Johnson 132

Covaciu 145 state ranked

Streck 285

Returning ssq

138 Scott(132)

152 butler(160)

195 perry(220) 2 years ago will be ranked next update

Penn ranked

113 hildebrant

152 swank

170 mammolenti

182 Osborn

220 woods

285 Christman

Returning SS

SQ slates

Ssq sellis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.