Aaron Pico signs with Bellator

FASTMarine

Seeing as he already gave up college eligibility, I think it was a good move. That being said, I don't see him making the Olympics in 2016 like he plans, so i dont see why hes waiting to go into mma. Originally he was going to wait until after 2020 to fight, which I think would have been smart so he could accomplish his goal. Now that being said, I hope he proves me wrong and makes a run at the Olympics in 2016.

I wish him all the best, but his chances of making the 2016 Olympic Team are very slim. Assuming he's still at 65kg, Metcalf isn't slowing down and, honestly, JO could be the guy to beat a year and a half from now. Oh, and you better believe Stieber will be more than ready for a run at the 65kg spot by then. If he grows (unlikely, but possible) and ends up at 74kg, well, everybody knows how incredibly deep that gets. Pico is an incredible talent, and I would love to see him represent our country at the senior level, but I don't see it happening in 2016. That being said, please, prove me wrong

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.