Opening day of (official) season is here

D.Schjoll

Opening day is here and a lot of questions linger. Will Franklin repeat as IHSWCA dual champions? Will Cathedral repeat as IHSSA champs? Can Mater Dai, Penn Or Perry Meridian return to their powerhouse status? Will the Lee's live up to all the hype? Who will repeat as IHSSA individual champions? Just a few questions out there that are on the minds of wrestling fans across this fine state.

Actually it might be a blessing, if we win this Friday we probably win regional but Mater Dei would be a huge hurdle in semi-state.......therefore we would get bumped to 3A but it is doubtful we will win state this year.

or at least that's my justification for wanting wrestling to start asap LOL

Ritter beat Monrovia in OT earlier in the year.  It should be another good game.

They were destroying us through 3 quarters and then started trying to sit on the clock, never a good choice on a team that puts up points like the Raiders do. I think it should be a great game, both teams are far better than they were on opening day. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few events going on around Indy

http://indianamat.com/index.php/page/brackets.html/_/2015/regular-season/

You can also make your way to da Region to see the Northern Indiana Challenge of Champions with the #SuperChargers of Carroll, the Brickies and the best dressed coach Brennan Cosgrove, the blonde Raiders of West Lafayette Harrison amongst others.

John Hurrle tournament in Indy has (in addition to other teams) Hamilton Southeastern and New Palestine.  Should be some quality matchups, such as 106 lb Klayton Anderson (HSE) vs Alec White (NewPal)

That will be one of the matches I'll be watching very closely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.