Joe Kieffer rings the bell

rebels4life

Joe Rings the Bell

By Jenny Kieffer

52 minutes ago

54504aeeab28b9364c33b814.jpg Today was a huge day for Joe and our family, his treatments are finished. Joe will continue to go to Riley Hospital once a month, but only for CBC. His treatments are done. Our Riley family, Joe oncologist Mike Fergusion and all the nurses gather around today to witness Joe ring the survivor bell. On the wall the bell sits, is a plague that reads " Ring this bell three times well, its told to clearly say, my treatments are done, the course has run, and I am on my way". We heard those words and it was awesome, long time waiting. We pass that bell hundred times and all I envisioned was Joe standing in front and saying those words. All the prayers were answered at that moment. Joe is a warrior, and a fighter. Joe has been kicked to the ground, and stood back up and kept plowing forward. He is my inspiration everyday, and we are so stoked for him. I can't say enough thank you's to all the people who have prayed for our family everyday. To all the doctors especially to Mike Fergusion, nurse Jenny, and all the nurses. For all the people who have donated their time and money for children's cancer research. My list of appreciation to everyone would never end. This day was for everyone who walked this same path. Please keep all the children in your nightly prayers. Thanks again,

The Kieffer Family

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.