Tournament hosting question

jpt189

I was curious if anyone had some insight on this subject-

In Indiana, is anyone (an individual or organization) host a wrestling tourney during the season? Obviously the coaches association hosts the team state duals, but I didn't know if there was a waiver process or how you could do this. I know in other states, some of the big time tourneys, such as the Beast of the East and The Clash aren't hosted by a school, an I wasn't sure if the same could be done in Indiana.

9-3 Contests to be Under Supervision of Participating Schools’ Principals

All athletic games, meets, tourneys, and interschool athletic contests participated in by the member schools belonging to the IHSAA must be held under the direct supervision, management and auspices of the schools concerned or under the direct supervision, management and auspices of the IHSAA.

NOTE: It is strongly recommended that a licensed physician be present or on call during all contests.

I believe the IHSAA gave some sort of waiver to the IHSWCA for the Team State event.

it can be but done (alex tsirtis wrestled in the midlands his senior year) I am not sure if it would get done today...you could always contact the IHSAA and inquire.

FYI, I believe Midlands (or maybe the NCAA) has removed the option for HS students to participate in college events anymore.  But, yes a special IHSAA waiver maybe needed to participate in other "big" events outside of the IHSAA rules.  I believe Micic received a waiver to participate in an international freestyle competition at the start of last wrestling season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.