Junior Duals

Is the ISWA selecting the Junior Duals team by committee now?  Maybe they're trying to maximize seeding points to make a legitimate run at F/G national titles!  I think the duals location is moving from OK to CA or MN.  If it's moved to CA, then would they fly one team to compete?  If it's in MN, I assume they would charter buses and a second freestyle team would be on the table along with one greco.  Any thoughts or inside information?

In the past their has been a selection process with the state champion getting the right to accept or decline the spot, from their it drops to the second or third place finisher to decline the spot. in theory this has been a good way to select the team but in actuality it has been a nightmare with all the conflicts, prom, SAT's or ACT'S and don't forget the good old Disney duals.

I have been associated with this process for well over 10 years and think if we truly want to be competitive we have to do some form of selection process. I truly believe this will give the Team a little bit of the wow factor knowing it is by selection only. Their are still a few bumps that will need to be worked out in terms of the the state tournaments having some influence in the selection process (maybe two Teams).

I can say this, that it has been a honor to work with the ISWA and look forward to helping in any way I can in the future.

Tom Erikson

Team Leader Juniors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.