2014 IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open September 7th

Y2CJ41

IHPO-Cover2014-610x250.jpg

http://www.indianamat.com/5th-annual-indianamat-hoosier-preseason-open/2014/07/

Registration Link!

http://s201.trackwrestling.com/tw/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?TIM=1406204353488&twSessionId=obzbralmcqdkauz&tournamentGroupId=141831009&logClubIn=false

The STUD List!

http://www.indianamat.com/2014-indianamat-hoosier-preseason-open-stud-list/2014/07/

Wrestling Information

-Wrestling will take place on Sunday September 7th, 2014

-Wrestling will begin promptly at 9am for the high school division

-Wrestling will take place in two gyms

-Weight Classes:

High School: 109, 116, 123, 129, 135, 141, 148, 155, 163, 173, 185, 198, 223, 288

-Wrestlers in 7th-12th grade may participate in the high school division

-Double elimination wrestle-backs to 4th place

-Period lengths 2-1-1 Championship 1-1-1 Consolation

-Overtime will be 1 minute sudden victory neutral and 30 second rideout

-We will seed 4-12 wrestlers so please include your state or national credentials when registering

*Note: You must be preregistered to be seeded.

-2013/2014 NFHS rules will be utilized, except the overtime modification

-Wrestling will be on full mats

-Singlet is required

-College out of bounds rules will be utilized in both divisions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with this tournament other than seeing past results on track wrestling so forgive me if I am off for asking this question.  I'm basing this on the stud list, but is there not a concern there are not more Indiana studs registered or do they traditionally come late.  I was hoping for the Lee brothers, Chad Red, Konrath, Jeremiah Reitz, Cash, Forte, etc. etc.  I would think with so many wrestlers coming from out of state, this would be a great way to test yourself early. 

Will more top Indiana kids join late or are there reasons kids pass on this tournament?

Cash will be registering soon. Nick Lee wrestled in the tournament as a 7th and 8th grader, winning it as a 7th grader. There is a chance him and Joe may register soon.

A couple other top kids have some injuries and probably would have entered if it was not for them.

We will have 200-300 more sign up so there is a chance some of these guys sneak into the event.

Thanks for the reply.  I knew Lee entered a few years ago.  I know it is not close to the Southern end of the state, but looking from the outside, it seems like it would be a great way for Southern Indiana wrestlers to test themselves against guys they may not see again until state or top guys from nearby states. 

Look forward to seeing the final brackets and ultimately some fun results!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.