2014-15 IHSWCA Team State Duals -- Accept/Decline Roster

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As a wrestler who has attended both Team State and The Spartan Classic, I enjoy wrestling at the Spartan Classic 1,000x more than team state. I'm pretty upset that we chose team state over the spartan classic. Winning the individual Championship at the Spartan classic was awesome, and winning the 2a trophy was more fun than team state. hopefully the location this year improves the numbers of spectators.

Its that attitude that will continue to make this tournament a hassle to run. You should voice an opinion the IHSAA to allow us to run a tournament that would work for all schedules so that we can have a Team Title (host at end of the season and grant an extra weigh in). 

The IHSWCA Team State Duals tournament planning committee will be meeting with Ball State officials next week.  We will be doing a "walk thru" of the facilities and inventorying their technology capabilities and protocols.

FW Eastside accepted their bid, so all 36 positions in this event are full at this time.

Thats a bold face lie...there are coaches who are in positions of power who don't care...it got removed because coaches were making a mockery of it.

I am not saying that there were not coaches who made a mockery of the old state tournament by sending JV wrestlers or forfeiting when they had a wrestler who could have wrestled at the team regional or team semistate level. I am saying that the coaches would agree that it is better to have the team state after the individual state tournament instead of in the middle of the season.

I am not saying that there were not coaches who made a mockery of the old state tournament after Individual state by sending JV wrestlers or forfeiting weights when they had a wrestler who could have wrestled at the team regional or team semistate. I am saying that I believe that every coach would like to have the team state tournament after Individual state instead of in the middle of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is this what you are looking for?

Bracketing will involve a hybrid pool/bracket format as follows:

--4 pools of 3 teams per class

--A higher seed, a lower seed, and an unseeded/random team will be in each pool

--Pool higher seed and lower seed will meet in the third match of the pool round, to create a virtual quarterfinal match in most pools.

--The pool winners advance to the semi-finals. Second place teams in the pools advance to the 5th-8th semi-finals. Pool 3rd place teams get one more match against another 3rd place team.

The schedule, though not finalized, will look something like this.

9am-2pm: Pools on 12 mats, 1 pool per mat, wrestling 3 duals directly through with no breaks:

--Match 1: higher seed vs. unseeded

--Match 2: lower seed vs. unseeded

--Match 3: higher seed vs. lower seed

--2:30pm: Championship semi-finals, 5-8 semi-finals on 4 mats per class

--5pm: 3rd place, 5th place, and 2 consolation matches from pool 3rd place finishers on 4 mats per class

--7:30pm: Championship finals on 3 mats total

Is this what you are looking for?

Bracketing will involve a hybrid pool/bracket format as follows:
--4 pools of 3 teams per class
--A higher seed, a lower seed, and an unseeded/random team will be in each pool
--Pool higher seed and lower seed will meet in the third match of the pool round, to create a virtual quarterfinal match in most pools.
--The pool winners advance to the semi-finals. Second place teams in the pools advance to the 5th-8th semi-finals. Pool 3rd place teams get one more match against another 3rd place team.

The schedule, though not finalized, will look something like this.
9am-2pm: Pools on 12 mats, 1 pool per mat, wrestling 3 duals directly through with no breaks:
--Match 1: higher seed vs. unseeded
--Match 2: lower seed vs. unseeded
--Match 3: higher seed vs. lower seed
--2:30pm: Championship semi-finals, 5-8 semi-finals on 4 mats per class
--5pm: 3rd place, 5th place, and 2 consolation matches from pool 3rd place finishers on 4 mats per class
--7:30pm: Championship finals on 3 mats total

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

That was the proposed format, which was published as "probable" when the event was announced.  This will basically be the format, but there may be a couple of small alterations.  There was just a coaches' meeting held to discuss final details and those should be announced shortly.

That was the proposed format, which was published as "probable" when the event was announced.  This will basically be the format, but there may be a couple of small alterations.  There was just a coaches' meeting held to discuss final details and those should be announced shortly.

The place I copied the format from did not say it was "probable". At the end of the page it said "Items approved by IHSWCA State Duals committee. press release prepared by Adrian Troyer" 

When was the coaches meeting? Are you talking about the IHSWCA State Duals committee?

To clarify: shortly after we published the original doc, Coach McCormick said that the format was probably going to be used, but possibly with some small changes once all logisistics could be fleshed out fully.

There was a planning meeting involving the volunteers for the event and the IHSWCA board to go over many details of the event...one of which was to make sure that the proposed format logistics were all doable, logical, and in line with trackwrestling capabilities.  The format above is the framework, but the official announcement of all the tiny details will be announced shortly by Coach McCormick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.