More impressive freshman campaign, Lee or J. Tsirtsis?

PoTweet

Just to jump in he has smashed everyone who has step across from him so far. He is trained by one of the best coaches in the country Miron. Some. Notables semi state runner up Clarence Johnson lost by fall #4 in Kentucky dezember was teched and pinned twice he did major Davis the first time wrestled him maybe if they meet again he will tech him or maybe he loses. The fact is up to both of their careers right now heading to state Jason did not dominate  like lee has. Jason not only lost to cash he had a tight win over Napules and a loss to Anthony. Lee hasn't seen the top guys in Indiana but has beat the best in Kentucky and some of the best in missouri. Jason won the title lee hasn't ill make my opinion Sunday.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning a weight class with mostly all freshmen vs. finishing 3rd at a weight losing a match to a #1 kid in the nation and 3x champ

I'll take a kid that goes after one of the best.

If a freshman wins it at 113 it will be in spite of mostly jr and sr.

How can you say Lee right now when Tsirtsis won it as a freshman? Lee will have to win it before even getting consideration. A third place finish this year and their is no basis for argument.

If another freshman wins a title this year and Lee doesn't can Lee be freshman of the year? I wouldn't think he can.

Yeah.....  Except Tsirtsis didn't have to wrestle the #2 in the nation in the semi's.  Soooo there's that.

Y2,

I know you're counting the Napules loss as a black eye, but the kid was a 2 time state qualifier, not a slouch by any stretch of the imagination.  I will agree it was a shocking loss, but Napules had some talent. 

That Napules loss is a huge black eye on Jason's record when comparing him to the other greats in recent history. Very much like when Josh Harper lost to Derek Nelson of Bellmont.

I still don't think the argument can be made without the ring.  Example:  I personally think Andrew Howe is Indiana's greatest wrestler.  But if you look strictly at HS accomplishments, that distinction hast to go to Alex (maybe Lance). Both went through HS undefeated. 

That Napules loss is a huge black eye on Jason's record when comparing him to the other greats in recent history. Very much like when Josh Harper lost to Derek Nelson of Bellmont.

Honestly when I think of Harper, the only number I think about is 3 (state championships) and when I think about Tsirtsis I think about 4 (state championships).  I don't know how many losses Harper had, but he was a great one and I do know how many Tsirtsis had because I followed him closely.  Both all-time greats in my eyes.

Honestly when I think of Harper, the only number I think about is 3 (state championships) and when I think about Tsirtsis I think about 4 (state championships).  I don't know how many losses Harper had, but he was a great one and I do know how many Tsirtsis had because I followed him closely.  Both all-time greats in my eyes.

During Harper's run the loss to Derek Nelson came up quite frequently. Obviously he did not finish out #4, but many people were reluctant to put him with the all-time greats due to that loss.

Blake Maurer seems to get overlooked in this conversation also.

A huge thing they both have in common is that they chose a weight where the best wrestler was... I am sure Jason or Nick could have went a different weight, but both ended up in the weight of arguably the best pound for pound wrestler in the state during the season....

Andrew howe is the best to come through our state not only was his only loss to reece humphrey but how dominate he was in every match i mean come on in his junior year at state and i do think senior all but one match was by technical fall dont think that has been done before. and reece isnt his only losses to angle escobedo who is also one of the great. sorry but harper just wasnt as elite as to what howe angle alex jason and ellis.

I constantly try to drop pipe bombs w/ no luck. The one time I barely chime in on a subject....tick....tick....BOOOOOM

I'll say that Little TShirts didn't even have the best freshman year in his family. Alex was a freak in HS. So let's talk about Alex vs. Nick.

I do think that this thread just goes to prove my point about the amount of hype this match is getting.

Just to jump in he has smashed everyone who has step across from him so far. He is trained by one of the best coaches in the country Miron. Some. Notables semi state runner up Clarence Johnson lost by fall #4 in Kentucky dezember was teched and pinned twice he did major Davis the first time wrestled him maybe if they meet again he will tech him or maybe he loses. The fact is up to both of their careers right now heading to state Jason did not dominate  like lee has. Jason not only lost to cash he had a tight win over Napules and a loss to Anthony. Lee hasn't seen the top guys in Indiana but has beat the best in Kentucky and some of the best in missouri. Jason won the title lee hasn't ill make my opinion Sunday.

If your talking about his win against "some of the best in Missouri", by the name of John Spires, not even close.  There is a reason why Spires isn't wrestlng 126# this season.  Spires will probably finish 4-6 at state this year.  He's a competitive wrestler but not a wrestler I would use as an example to justify Lee current status.

If your talking about his win against "some of the best in Missouri", by the name of John Spires, not even close.  There is a reason why Spires isn't wrestlng 126# this season.  Spires will probably finish 4-6 at state this year.  He's a competitive wrestler but not a wrestler I would use as an example to justify Lee current status.

Alright you caught me I didn't research any of that except what dezember was ranked lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.