MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE

Coach Peck

I want to thank several people who made this event a good one.

1.  The wrestlers...you guys (and gals) were awesome.  It seems like there is more competiition and better matches every year.  Good luck to you next year whether you are in this event or moving on to High School

2.  Mark Durham....he works so hard to try to make this event the best one possible for the wrestlers.  He gets there early, stays late, and brings alot of his own equipment.  We could not do this without him.

3.  The IHSWCA & ISWA....several people from those organization volunteer to help.  I will not list them because I do not want to miss someone.  I will say this though...sometimes out Officers get bashed for this and that, but our President Danny Struck, was there yesterday after being in Evansville the night before.

4.  Our Officials...what an awesome group.  Were they perfect?  No they would be the first to say they may have missed one here and there, but when you look at their percentage of "right" calls throughout 1100 matches and around 12 hours they score an "A+"!!!

5.  Our Table help...most of them were our High School wrestlers, or other students.  I did not have anyone complain about them.  I do not think I heard the dreaded words, "we need tablehelp on Mat #__ all day." 

6.  Our custodian (I do not think there is enough money to get me to do his job), trainers, and concession workers, and announcer Mark "Sparky" Griffith....they put in alot of time and effort.

7.  Last, but not least, the parents and coaches who came here with their wrestlers.  You can (and should) be proud of every one of them.  You should be proud of yourselves too, because we had very few "parent issues".  Most of you were polite, sportsmanlike, and had high expectations for your kids to act in the same manner.  I suppose there will always be a few jerks who want special treqatment and make scenes like little babies when they do not get their way, but like the Officials, when looked at in the scope of the whole tournament, our Parents and Coaches would get a big "A+" as well.

This was a very well-run tournament.  We were proud parents of a State winner yesterday!  When my son won, we rewarded him with a custom made hoody from the vendor that was there.  Maybe next year all the winners could get a free shirt/hoody for a job well done.  Just a thought!

Thank you to New Castle, ISWA and the IHSWCA for a great opportunity for Indiana kids.  I saw some REALLY talented kids wrestle.  We talk a lot on the high school board, but these are the programs and wrestlers for the future.  Great event - Thank you. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.