Central Sectional

Mater Dei should run away with it and Gibson Soutern may just run away with second.  They will field a very competitive team and I really can't see anyone coming close to them for second place.  Karges from Princeton was a stud last year who just ran into a really tough weight class at regional and semi-state.  I don't have any idea what weight he will be, but he will compete for the top spot wherever he is.  Anyone have any other insight?

I feel like Central could do some damage, I feel like they would have to be the team considered for 2nd. They return Kelley and Kemper who should win there weight class, along with some solid guys in McCormick, Dixon, Smith etc that could make some noise. Gibson Southern will also be tough with who they bring back and also getting Todrank from what I hear.

I'm not sure what weight Kargnes will be going but somebody told be he got real big. Possibly 145 big.

Evansville Central got second last year. However, they loose champion Pace (220), HWT Hoehl (3rd), and Mandel at 160 who didn't make it out. Besides that they have a SQ, a state placer, 3 SSQ, and a couple Regional qualifiers coming back.

I would think they would not get blown out by Gibson Southern by any mean. Can never underestimate the power of those 2 coaches though. It'll be interesting. 

You're right.  Somehow I forgot about Central.  Not sure how since it's at Central, but I did.  Should be an interesting race for second then.  GS could have a few champs.  I know they will be strong at 132, 138 and with Meyer up around 170, 182.  They should also have a few other placers just like Central.  I think to place second Central will need the guys behind Kelley and Kemper to be at their best. 

You're right.  Somehow I forgot about Central.  Not sure how since it's at Central, but I did.  Should be an interesting race for second then.  GS could have a few champs.  I know they will be strong at 132, 138 and with Meyer up around 170, 182.  They should also have a few other placers just like Central.  I think to place second Central will need the guys behind Kelley and Kemper to be at their best.

man, the season has not even started and you are already looking past people/teams. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does Mater Dei have their line up together? If so does anyone have info on who is going where? I heard Gibson Southern is set as is Central. Anyone have line up information?

Gibson Southern has their lineup set already? They just got done playing football 4 days ago.

Gibson Southern has their line up ready from what I hear at the grocery store sports guru in Haubstadt. She knows every sport from tennis to volleyball. She knows my son wrestles and asked if he made varsity this year. She didn't know all the results but knew of a few but I don't know their names. Unless she was talking about a different Gibson Southern in another state?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.