2014 I.U. recruiting class

Didn't IU also bring in a 133 from Iowa ?

QA shame to have Murphy leave the program yet nothing new there . Kids are just cutting too much weight at IU.

It's not the issue of cutting weight it's the not knowing of what weight Goldman wants you.  You can bounce weight to weight with out a structured plan for in season and off season.  The better programs have this structure down pat, always a coach or club coach there to wrestle or work with the wrestles.  Not the case at IU!.  If you look at structure just look at roster and how they recruit, why do they have three, four, five wrestlers at lower and middle weights but only one at upper weights.  As far as Iowa kid, if he wants to reach a wrestlers potential it ain't at IU, he should have taken his other offers

This was actually discussed at length when cael tested the waters for a comeback. I can see how the staff would bless simmons competing at agon...it keeps him current with the hs schooler wrestlers....which is always good for recruiting...of course simmons lost to abas but even so iu has an easy top ten if not top five recruiting class going now.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/111413aaa.html

Nov. 14, 2013

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Six future student-athletes signed on to join the Hoosier Wrestling program for the 2014-15 season today (Nov. 14), submitting National Letters of Intent to compete for head coach Duane Goldman and attend Indiana University.

Five of the future Hoosiers are ranked in the top-20 of their weight class nationally, and another is slotted #1 at his weight in the state of Indiana.

JAKE DANISHEK • 152 pounds

Miamisburg, Ohio • Dayton Christian School

- Three-time Ohio state champion

- Super 32 Champion

- Ranked second nationally at 152 lbs

LOGAN MARCICKI • 182 pounds

Novi, Mich. • Detroit Catholic Central H.S.

- Michigan state champion, two-time state finalist

- Junior National All-American

- Ranked 15th nationally at 182 lbs

BRYCE MARTIN • 170 pounds

Bakersfield, Calif. • Bakersfield H.S.

- California state placer

- Ranked 16th nationally at 170 lbs

FLETCHER MILLER • 220 pounds

Kokomo, Ind. • Kokomo H.S.

- Indiana state finalist

- Ranked 11th nationally at 220 lbs

DAKOTA THACKER • 195 pounds

Bloomington, Ind. • Bloomington H.S. South

- Indiana state placer

- Top-ranked 195-pounder in Indiana

COLE WEAVER • 138 pounds

Hudson, Mich. • Hudson H.S.

- Two-time Michigan state champion

- Two-time Cadet All-American, doing so in both freestyle and Greco-Roman

- Ranked 12th nationally at 138 lbs

Bronxbomber,

With IU's low finish in the standings (Big 10 or NCAA) it easy for most to see that some issue exist in the program that need to be fixed.  What's all going on and how to fix it is up for debate, but it's not hard to tell their remain some matters that need to be settled for IU to move back up in national stature.  However, with 17 post exclusively dedicated to attacking IU's program, you are beginning to sounds like a broken record any time even college wrestling is mentioned.  At least if you are going to hover over the board please try and attempt to occasionally add some other posts that are informative about college wrestling or Indiana wrestling rather than obsessing over one singular vendetta.  I'm hoping their is more to your wrestling insight than just this one topic of interest.  We get that you don't respect the program, their philosophy or their coaching staff.  That was established way back in like post 1-5.  However, when posters are talking how well an IU wrestler has done in general, turn that into a Goldman/Simmon hate session is taking away from the credit those young men deserve regardless of what situation their program is in.  At this point if you have some much insight into the matter and have actual concern for the well-being of program it may be worth channeling your energy into discussing these matter with those that can actually make a difference in the system (athletic directors, IU board, athletic boosters, etc.).  Rather if you could care less about the IU program and are only using this as an opportunity to make further digs on the coaches then please leave things be since you have made your feeling known.  At this point not much progress is going to be made from continuing the same myriad of attack through a wrestling message board complains.  Especially when most posters who follow college wrestling in state have noticed some of these issues existed already, and your not adding anything more to the matter other than cycling through the same type of coaching attacks.

Big time recruit for IU:

JAKE DANISHEK • 152 pounds

Miamisburg, Ohio • Dayton Christian School

- Three-time Ohio state champion

- Super 32 Champion

- Ranked second nationally at 152 lbs

Bronxbomber,

With IU's low finish in the standings (Big 10 or NCAA) it easy for most to see that some issue exist in the program that need to be fixed.  What's all going on and how to fix it is up for debate, but it's not hard to tell their remain some matters that need to be settled for IU to move back up in national stature.  However, with 17 post exclusively dedicated to attacking IU's program, you are beginning to sounds like a broken record any time even college wrestling is mentioned.  At least if you are going to hover over the board please try and attempt to occasionally add some other posts that are informative about college wrestling or Indiana wrestling rather than obsessing over one singular vendetta.  I'm hoping their is more to your wrestling insight than just this one topic of interest.  We get that you don't respect the program, their philosophy or their coaching staff.  That was established way back in like post 1-5.  However, when posters are talking how well an IU wrestler has done in general, turn that into a Goldman/Simmon hate session is taking away from the credit those young men deserve regardless of what situation their program is in.  At this point if you have some much insight into the matter and have actual concern for the well-being of program it may be worth channeling your energy into discussing these matter with those that can actually make a difference in the system (athletic directors, IU board, athletic boosters, etc.).  Rather if you could care less about the IU program and are only using this as an opportunity to make further digs on the coaches then please leave things be since you have made your feeling known.  At this point not much progress is going to be made from continuing the same myriad of attack through a wrestling message board complains.  Especially when most posters who follow college wrestling in state have noticed some of these issues existed already, and your not adding anything more to the matter other than cycling through the same type of coaching attacks.

I appreciate your point, but I disagree. Wrestling discussion boards are a direct outlet for fans and a great way to publicly voice your opinion in a format where everyone involved with a program can see that feedback. Fans can make a huge difference in the direction of a program, but not without supporting it. If IU builds a significant fan base and those fans demand a better product, there will be some movement. I can all but guarantee you the AD and the IU board are not interested in meeting with or even entertaining the opinions of a singular wrestling fan. A couple hundred dedicated fans however, voicing disapproval in a public way will almost certainly get somebody's attention. If we're not willing to support the team, we might as complain to the wall about it.

I appreciate your point, but I disagree. Wrestling discussion boards are a direct outlet for fans and a great way to publicly voice your opinion in a format where everyone involved with a program can see that feedback. Fans can make a huge difference in the direction of a program, but not without supporting it. If IU builds a significant fan base and those fans demand a better product, there will be some movement. I can all but guarantee you the AD and the IU board are not interested in meeting with or even entertaining the opinions of a singular wrestling fan. A couple hundred dedicated fans however, voicing disapproval in a public way will almost certainly get somebody's attention. If we're not willing to support the team, we might as complain to the wall about it.

While I agree message board can help build support for a cause which can help to bring about changes.  I do not feel repeating the exact same type of rant multiple times over a month, without adding anything else to the discussion, is progressing the cause ant further.  As I said it becomes a broken record and even is boarding on disrespecting the praise being given to the IU wrestlers accomplishments by sabatoging any post about them.  In my view at this point find some way to move the discussion forward, add to other area's of the board, and find other sources to vet the issues if it is that big of a deal.  The points been made over the 17 post bashing IU in any thread remotely associated with college wrestlig discussion.  I would hope he would have something further to add to the wrestling discussion than that, but we are still waiting to see it.

This is a great recruiting class no doubt, but one has to ask the obvious questions because it seems the school and others are just ignoring it.  There have been, still are some great boys and wrestlers there.  That is why we all should be questioning what is going on at IU.  When you lose the amount of kids IU has over the years someone has to start standing up for them

Over the last couple years some very talented wrestlers have left IU for other schools.

In state studs are not flocking to IU, which is in the Big Ten, toughest wrestling conference.

What is IU conference record?

How many wrestlers qualified for the NCAA.

IU had an Assitant Coach leave in the season.  He did not leave to go back to his college or his home town.  He left and went to Brown, not a wrestling power.  Did he see the writing on the wall as to the programs status.

Another assistant has left twice in season to seek to wrestle himself.  Who is in the room coaching the boys.  When this class gets there next year are they expecting a room of only one coach or like most other D1 programs, 3-5

Look at the roster, they only have at times one wrestler at certain classes.  Then look at previous rosters and you will see the same.  How do you not have more then one wrestler at certain weights how are they recruiting.

When wrestlers leave it is always their fault, they don't buy in to system, can't manage weight, to strict, everyone points out why the kid was no good.  He was good enough to be recruited to IU.  Maybe he left because there is no structure and the coaches really aren't as involved as they should be.  The above points really help support the lack of structure.  IU is wrestling this weekend, I am sure the lower weights and middle weights loved having a coach in the room to roll around with.

Matt, if the school and administration is turning a blind eye to this where else does one go to voice concerns.  Wrestling is being dropped every where all of the time.  What happens if more Big Ten teams follow suit to the IU structure.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Matt I followed your request and went away for a while.  Where are all the updates,  Not much action on the board regarding IU.

What are your thoughts on this on why there are no comments on his board aboutmIU?

Looking at incoming class why no 197,

My offer still stands on how many leave this year, my guesses is at least one leaves for a bigger program

Bronx,

Not sure I ever asked you to go away for awhile. I believe I just suggested you try to at least add more to the forum than just a vendetta against IU (which has been every single post you have made so far I believe).  Taking a critical stance on the status of IU's program is not what I took issue with.  It was the obsession of every post of yours having to be used to take a dig on IU and the trolling nature of turning every single thread already related to IU into a chance to attack the coaching staff. When some of these threads are created to give credit to the wrestlers who are working hard I would like to see that credit be the focus rather than the thread turned into another opportunity to attack their coaches.

And in the last two weeks there has been three different threads in the college forum added on IU related news, plus two have filter through the main board related to IU's early season results.  So I'm not sure where you are getting that there have been no updates taking place. If you are expecting long conversation on these thread then your in the wrong place.  Traditionally the College Forum has more news related post which get viewed often but rarely has much discussion.  Quite frankly I'm glad you miseds some of these threads since it let me and others notice the how the athletes are doing so far without the posts turning into something completely different. 

Ok, Matt I followed your request and went away for a while.  Where are all the updates,  Not much action on the board regarding IU.

What are your thoughts on this on why there are no comments on his board aboutmIU?

Looking at incoming class why no 197,

My offer still stands on how many leave this year, my guesses is at least one leaves for a bigger program

I think Thacker would be 197

Thacker prob wont beat goldman

There may not be much overlap with those two.  Goldman will be in his redshirt junior year during Thatchers freshman season.  If they redshirt Thatcher in one of next two seasons then the two will only be in competition for the spot once anyway. 

Their may not be much overlap with those two.  Goldman will be in his redshirt junior year during Thatchers freshman season.  If they redshirt Thatcher in one of next two seasons the two will only be in competition for the spot once anyway.

And you know who will be starting, no matter who wins in the room, or wrestle offs. That is if Dwayne is still the coach.(and I don't think he will be,by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

With the midlands and Big ten around the corner what are your thoughts of how IU will perform

125 Joe Duca

133 Chris caton

141 Ethan Raley

149 Roach

157 Taylor Walsh

165  Ryan LeBlanc

174 Nate Jackson

184 Luke Sheridan

197 Garrett Goldman

HWT Adam Chalfant

The number of top talents at Midlands definitely means we are separating the best from the rest.

Without seeing a finalized list of who all is expected to be there (attached, unattached, and post-grad) it may be a little hard to nail down specific predictions.  This event shows who's ready focused and primed for a deep tournament (like Big 10's or NCAA's) and who still has major issues to work out.  Clearly a top 4 finish by Chalfant and Walsh would help establish them as a top threat at their weight a a legit AA contender.  Also a top 8 finish by LeBlanc and Sheridan would help them get them more national credibility.  The rest of the squad will have an uphill battle to get near that top 8 finish, but it would be nice to see a few nice wins from some of those guys. Raley and Roach have done a fair job so far this year, and this tough tournament could give them both a chance to gauge where they at this point in the season in relation to getting qualified for nationals.  However, like I said until the actual information is released it is hard to tell how tough the road to a top placement could be.

Bronx thanks where is Clarion. 

Seeds were released

Raley 10, I would expect a better finish

Walsh 2, this would be a great boost for him to finish at 2

LeBlanc  11, at top eight would be great

Chalfant. 7, a top four would really make statements

Other top eights could be Duca at 125, Caton at 133, Luke at 187

Bronx, I have met the coach thought of having my son wrestle for him. He is a great coach with a lot of talent, good solid program. Some really good talented kids are there as well as coming in. Watch for IU to become a powerhouse in the future. Great school with lots of talent.