Indiana Tech "Official" pre-seaon roster and team photo...

InTechWrestling

Highlighted by several former Indiana high school standouts and a strong contingent of local Ft Wayne area talent, we are proud to present the current Warrior wrestling team!!!

http://www.indianatech.edu/Athletics/wrestling/Pages/roster.aspx

***Don't miss Military appreciation night Tuedsay November 20th at 6pm vs. (DII) Tiffin Dragons!!!   For current and former members of the armed service who are interested in atttending (free) and we encourage you to be honored at our "half time" ceremony... please contact Coach Ester at MCEster@indianatech.edu

Legend has it in these parts? that gnarled, old, grizzly of a man, (referring to the HWT in the back row, far left) at some point in his 16 year coaching career consumed the younger, tenacious version of his 126# self from  his college days.  And that he is incubating in there, waiting for one of his Warrior wrestlers; who major in Bio-medical engineering to create bionic knees? then he will regurgitate this young man, releasing him back into prime coaching action where he will inflict an arsenal of top notch wrestling technique to be demonstrated on his innocent, yet all willing to take a beating, assistant coaches.  And raise this team to national prominence. 

Follow this thread... we will be posting an inspirational pre-season video documentary  featuring this Tough warrior wrestling team working to meet our theme this year.  "High Expectations"

surprised to see the older Brooks here, and not young Brooks.  What happened with this.  I was really hoping Justin would make an impact at I.U.  

why cant we keep our guys at the D1 level?  just asking

At least in Justin's case, his father had basically stated that the IU program turned out not to be a good fit for him.

One suggestion for the Jared question maybe that the team did not list those athletes who are on their Redshirt year.  If that is not the case, then no other answer has been provided as of yet.

why cant we keep our guys at the D1 level?  just asking

A lot of people (myself included) dont do well in the big busy world of large universities. Smaller D2-D3, and NAIA schools are great for these athletes that want nothing more than to continue doing what they love while getting an education. going D2, D3, or NAIA isnt any worse than going D1 in this case.

A lot of people (myself included) dont do well in the big busy world of large universities. Smaller D2-D3, and NAIA schools are great for these athletes that want nothing more than to continue doing what they love while getting an education. going D2, D3, or NAIA isnt any worse than going D1 in this case.

well put......to many kids get caught up in the idea that they have to go D1 and then end up giving it up.....why not go to a smaller school, have more success and get your education that 99.9% of the wrestlers (and all athletes for that matter) need.....big schools require so much more dedication and time and kids end up not doing well in their classes, and then it's over.....college is tuff enough as it is, let alone trying to be an athlete, especially at the big schools.....

well put......to many kids get caught up in the idea that they have to go D1 and then end up giving it up.....why not go to a smaller school, have more success and get your education that 99.9% of the wrestlers (and all athletes for that matter) need.....big schools require so much more dedication and time and kids end up not doing well in their classes, and then it's over.....college is tuff enough as it is, let alone trying to be an athlete, especially at the big schools.....

Agreed.  Nothing wrong at all with not going D1.  I got so hung up on going D1 after a year at a D3 school that I didn't return to the D3 because I planned on going to IU and I never made it.

On choosing your level of college wrestling you are both spot on!  College wrestling is TOUGH at ANY level and the attrition rate is higher than any other college sport.  The percentage of wrestlers that finish a 4 year wrestling career at any level is relatively low with comparison to other sports.  It's tough!!! The Bottom line is for success in college wrestling and choosing your school... is going where people feel at home (on the campus and the local community) what meets their needs socially, academically, emotionally, and athletically.  In that order. 

While we are at it... promoting small school wrestling

Become a program donor for Indiana Tech wrestling... https://www.fundingforteams.com/donate/index.php?url=itwrestling

@INtechWrestling  #WarrioirWolfePack

Ill tell you the thing that sold me on Findlay was that I could get across campus in 5 min, my professors all knew me personally (which made it really hard to skip class :P), and it had a hometown feel too it much like Mishawaka did. I can't stress this to the seniors enough go where you're happy you wont regret it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.