New Tournament Alignment

Y2CJ41

The Evansville sectional will take a huge hit in attendance. Yes there is MD but when you take Reitz and Mt. Vernon out of that sectional I really don't see very long lines at the ticket window or the consession stands ??? Where was Memorial last year I thought they were in this sectional as well, but I could be wrong.

Memorial was in the Evansville Central sectional last year and yes, there will be a huge hit in attendance and excitement.  In past years, even in the semis, you had some big matches between MD/Reitz/Mt. Vernon/Memorial wrestlers.  Where are those going to come from now?   

So basically we are going to see a Ferguson vs Brown (106) or Kuhn vs Brown (113) or Davis vs Brown (113) or Kuhn vs Welch (120) or Davis vs Welch (120) at Sectionals. And then possible Johns vs Wedding (126). This guy will have a front row seat to those matches. What a great day for wrestling. Those are all top notch kids for this area.

So basically we are going to see a Ferguson vs Brown (106) or Kuhn vs Brown (113) or Davis vs Brown (113) or Kuhn vs Welch (120) or Davis vs Welch (120) at Sectionals. And then possible Johns vs Wedding (126). This guy will have a front row seat to those matches. What a great day for wrestling. Those are all top notch kids for this area.

I think Welch would be way too much for either Kuhn or Davis at 120, but Kuhn vs. Brown or Davis vs. Brown would be great.  Also, we might see Welch vs. Wedding at 126 if Welch jumps up a weight class.  I've heard Johns will go 132 and Wedding may end up there as well.  MD will also have some talent in those weight classes, so at least in the lower weights, it should make for an interesting SIAC season. 

Johns going 132? I heard last week he is right at 135 right now. My guess would be 126. The biggest move will occur with Kuhn or Davis. Not sure where those 2 will wind up. I doubt Kuhn would go 106 with Ferguson in the mix but thats not out of the realm.

If Johns does end up at 126 it could be the toughest weight class in the SIAC this year.  Unfortunately, I guess we are going to have to wait until November to know much for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

The realignment has some good and bad points, but why in the world would you have jennings county sectional and Jeffersonville sectional together. HHC part 3

It makes more sense for the alot of schools.  Travel time, over night, money.  Switzerland County and Madison are 2 hours and 2 1/2 hours from Bloomington and 50 min and 1 hour from Jeffersonville. I guess if Madison was willing to take back the Regional that would make sense too??

Yes although you have several HHC schools facing off again the focus of the realignment is travel distance and not worry about if the teams wrestled in the same conference.  In years past you had Vincennes Lincoln traveling all the way across the state to Jeffersonville to Regionals.  Does that make more sense than two sectional sites less than a hour apart competing at regional? 

Yes although you have several HHC schools facing off again the focus of the realignment is travel distance and not worry about if the teams wrestled in the same conference.  In years past you had Vincennes Lincoln traveling all the way across the state to Jeffersonville to Regionals.  Does that make more sense than two sectional sites less than a hour apart competing at regional?  

Clearly the focus of the realignment is not the travel distance. If it was to cut down travel distance explain the Castle and Evansville Central sectionals. Travel was greatly increased in those two sectionals.

Clearly the focus of the realignment is not the travel distance. If it was to cut down travel distance explain the Castle and Evansville Central sectionals. Travel was greatly increased in those two sectionals.

I would like to hear how far travel was increased for those schools?how greatly was the increase in miles and time? I dont know what the conspiracy theory is but Switzerland Co, Madison, JC and a few others no longer have to stay all night in a hotel and travel so far.  I really hope none of he schools you mentioned now have to stay in a hotel for regionals. Believe it or not it, to some it is a big deal to be able to sleep in your own bed, at your own house, have a normal workout at your own school, etc the night before a huge tournament. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.