New Tournament Alignment

Y2CJ41

There were some pretty big changes in the alignment of the sectionals and regionals across the state.  Here is a look at the new alignments.

Red means a school changed sectionals, blue is a school changed semi-state.  Bolded schools are the host of the sectional.

http://indianamat.com/stuff/2013TournamentAlignmentWrestling.htm

Wow, take a look at the Peru sectional now.....

Ben Davis going to Evansville?

Ben Davis has a shorter drive than some schools that go to Evansville.  The Carroll regional will be solid with the addition of Huntington North.  The New Haven sectional will have two new favorites in Leo and Huntington North.

Wow, this is huge for Northviews Sectional.  We added North Knox and in my opinion get to face an easier sectional at regionals.

We gained

B.N.L

Crawford Cty

Forest Park

Jasper

Mitchel

Paoli

Washington

Southrdige

Salem

and we dropped

Col East

Col North

B. County

Madison

Scottsburg

Seymour

Southwestern

Jennings county

Pretty Interesting to see Reitz and Mater Dei in separate sectionals

The Evansville Central sectional took a huge hit.  Losing Reitz, Memorial and Mt. Vernon will weaken things considerably.  Ben Davis to the Evansville Semi-state will spice things up a bit though.

BD and last year Dec.Central  both benefit in big way getting away from Perry from sectionals on. and I think BD would be the farthest away from Eville, Brownsburg and Tri- West might be a little farther but not by much. all the Avon Sectional teams have quite the drive to Evansville. the 69 extention won't be done in time to do me any good.

I guess Coach Ferguson has more pull than people think.  How he got them to send him to Castle and get him away from MD is amazing.  It makes no sense to take two schools that are less than 2 miles  apart and send them to different sectionals.  What makes it even more mind boggling is Mt. Vernon has to drive right past both of those schools on their way to Castle. MD is now guaranteed to advance 14 to regional pretty much every single year.  The balance of power in SW Indiana has definitely shifted to the Castle Sectional with Reitz, Memorial, Mt. Vernon and Harrison being traded for Tecumseh, Wood Memorial, Gibson Southern, and Princeton.  MD may not like this though.  The winner from Central Sectional will definitely have much tougher 1st round regional matches now.

I guess Coach Ferguson has more pull than people think.  How he got them to send him to Castle and get him away from MD is amazing.  It makes no sense to take two schools that are less than 2 miles  apart and send them to different sectionals.  What makes it even more mind boggling is Mt. Vernon has to drive right past both of those schools on their way to Castle. MD is now guaranteed to advance 14 to regional pretty much every single year.  The balance of power in SW Indiana has definitely shifted to the Castle Sectional with Reitz, Memorial, Mt. Vernon and Harrison being traded for Tecumseh, Wood Memorial, Gibson Southern, and Princeton.  MD may not like this though.  The winner from Central Sectional will definitely have much tougher 1st round regional matches now.

So if Coach Ferguson has all that "pull"... why would he put himself in the harder sectional and not move MD to Castle? ......yeah

Kudos BB145...what kind of match ups are going to be interesting with Reitz and Castle? Kuhn and Brown again? Who was the 113 pounder from Castle? Davis was at Reitz. Will their be a shift up in their lower weights or some hopping over? Castle had Brown and Welch wonder if they stay at their weights or move up? Johns was a monster 120 pounder so can he or will he stay there or move up? Cant wait for season to start. Other than the Reitz qualifiers and Tyler Ferguson who does Reitz bring back?

Kuhn and Brown at 113 would be great to see.  I don't know about Brown, but I doubt Kuhn will make 106 again.  My money would be on Brown , but I'm sure it would be tight.  Will Davis bump to 120?  The word on the street is Todrank will wrestle 126 and Johns 132.  Someone out there may have different info than I do, but that is what I was told.  Where does Luke Welch end up?  My guess would be 126 after basically two years at 120.   

MD advances 14 every year regardless of who is in their sectional.  This won't change a thing.

MD advances 14 every year regardless of who is in their sectional.  This won't change a thing.

I would say it changes some things.  I have no idea what Mater Dei has coming back, but if they are solid they will have a chance at 14 sectional champs... Has that ever been done?

Reitz had some holes in the lineup last year...with half the team graduating do they have the numbers to fill in the extra gaps? I didnt keep up with the reaerve squad to know.

Reitz will have a very good Tyler Ferguson to fill in at 106.  Kyle Todrank wrestled in Vanhook's spot last year when he was out with injury and I would guess he will step up to varsity full time this year.  I don't know what kind of success Todrank had last year wrestling varsity, but I don't think he was too bad.  Other than those 2 stepping up, I have no idea.

I have been hearing from some coaches that their principals and AD's are saying this isnt officially set yet. I know people are saying it is effective this year, but has there been a press release or anything yet?

The Evansville sectional will take a huge hit in attendance. Yes there is MD but when you take Reitz and Mt. Vernon out of that sectional I really don't see very long lines at the ticket window or the consession stands ??? Where was Memorial last year I thought they were in this sectional as well, but I could be wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.