KAYLA MIRACLE WRESTLING AT WORLDS IN HUNGARY

Coach Miracle

Hungary just lost to Russia....I believe the score was 1-0, 0-1, 1-0.....it went to clinch. Bottom of bracket is just ridiculously loaded. Nobody in top bracket. Kayla will not medal. Wrestling at this level is so much about position, hand fighting, fundamentals.1-0 is good enough. If you can't score then draw from the bag and go to the clinch. You cannot sacrifice position in a scoring attempt. Kayla lost against Hungary on a mental mistake. She was winning 1-0 off of a good takedown with 10 seconds to go. All she had to do was circle and defend. Instead she took a bad shot and the girl hit a go behind to win the period. Kayla lost second round on a  push out. Position, position, position!

bummer for sure......but just to be there and compete at the level she has, is impressive to say the least.....congrats on making it there and giving it 110% and we look forward to seeing kayla compete in the upcoming season here in indiana......

Though she was unable to accomplish her ultimate goal, I'm sure she still represented IN and the United States very well.  I look forward to her having another crack at the world next year and for several years to come.

winning by fall & a tight loss to the european champion isn't a bad showing.  what an awesome experience for kayla to be a part of.  although goals weren't met she represented indiana and the united states @ an internationally level.  not many of us can say that. 

Thanks Raven....I have learned a lot through this experience as well. Our country will never be able to compete for a team title until there are major changes made. It is mostly a cultural thing. With some countries wrestling is a national sport. In America it is a sidenote. Folkstyle hurts us when it comes to competing internationally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.