BEST MEET OR TOURNAMENT TO START THE SEASON?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is, and will be, the newly created John Hurrle Memorial at Arsenal Tech on November 19th.  Currently, it is a 16 team invitational with plans to go even bigger and better.  This is the first year and there are already a few ranked teams committed.  I know of plenty other, more established, tournaments throughout the state but this one is gearing up to be a monster.  John Hurrle was such an extraordinary part of Indiana wrestling and having the opportunity to host a tournament in his name, at his school, is definitely a privelage.  Tech has such a deep history and many of us remember Freestyle and Greco State being hosted there.  What was once a 76 acre campus located downtown Indianapolis is now getting a multi-million dollar face-lift, so this is just the beginning of many good things to come!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is, and will be, the newly created John Hurrle Memorial at Arsenal Tech on November 19th.  Currently, it is a 16 team invitational with plans to go even bigger and better.  This is the first year and there are already a few ranked teams committed.  I know of plenty other, more established, tournaments throughout the state but this one is gearing up to be a monster.  John Hurrle was such an extraordinary part of Indiana wrestling and having the opportunity to host a tournament in his name, at his school, is definitely a privelage.  Tech has such a deep history and many of us remember Freestyle and Greco State being hosted there.  What was once a 76 acre campus located downtown Indianapolis is now getting a multi-million dollar face-lift, so this is just the beginning of many good things to come!

who is in this tourny??

Sorry misspelled somethings on this phone, but I meant the two champs in those weights. And tourny sp, sorry just wanted to get that streight before I got attacked by the spelling police. lol No but Capital City is my choice.

Capital City Classic is one of the toughest beginning tournaments of the year. Every weight class is usually stacked with a lot of diverse wrestlers.

Does anyone know where CCC will be hosted this year?

who is in this tourny??

As it stands we have committments from Northwest, Manual, Bedford North Lawrence, Fort Wayne Carroll, Madison, Muncie South, Greencastle, New Palestine, Clinton Central, and several others.  Capitol City definitely has the history, the LC Invite used to be pretty tough until they disbanded, but there is a new tourney in town.  There are still maybe 2 or 3 openings still up but these will fill up relatively soon.  It is going to be awesome!  Give it a year or two and the John Hurrle Memorial will be a premier, if it's not already.  (I'm getting ancy for the season!!)

Just looked at the schedual Warren will be there again and put up a better fight Im sure. It will be a great test for the Warriors, Does anyone remeber what teams one there duals in this one what was the warren cathedral score?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.