Possible Pre season top 8 in each weight class.

WC182Dad

James will go to 20 I believe to make room for Fleenor at 13, I agree Bova at 94, and Martin at 92 as long as they stay healthy.

Predicted perry line up.

106: cottey

113: James

120: kenney

126: LeCount

132: McKinley

138: N. Bova

145: McClurg

152: Cooper

160: Johnson

172: Masengale

182: Martin

194: A. Bova

220: Naughton

285: Winfield

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm skipping a couple weights here, but who do you think will be top HWTS?

Who ever don't pin their self lol Maybe Suter... the only returning state qualifires are him, Maggart, Walker, Hall, and Mason. But a none state qualifer could always take it from them. Stauffer, Brown, Taylor, and Schall were all ranked before state one of them could have a better run this year. Maybe a good football player will come in and make a run. HVY has been a hard one to predict the last 2 years.

Who ever don't pin their self lol Maybe Suter... the only returning state qualifires are him, Maggart, Walker, Hall, and Mason. But a none state qualifer could always take it from them. Stauffer, Brown, Taylor, and Schall were all ranked before state one of them could have a better run this year. Maybe a good football player will come in and make a run. HVY has been a hard one to predict the last 2 years.

Winfield should go very far into the tournament. He beat Taylor at folkstyle state.

Predicted perry line up.

106: cottey

113: James

120: kenney

126: LeCount

132: McKinley

138: N. Bova

145: McClurg

152: Cooper

160: Johnson

172: Masengale

182: Martin

194: A. Bova

220: Naughton

285: Winfield

I could see that as well but might be better with Fleenor in, and one of the middle weights out, but could put Mckinley at a weight he dosen't want to be at. We will jus have to wait and see, and that's also assuming James can make 113lbs all year! Still what a problem to have. Lol

I could see that as well but might be better with Fleenor in, and one of the middle weights out, but put Mckinley at a bad weight for him. We will jus have to wait and see, and that's also assuming James can make 113lbs all year! Still what a problem to have. Lol

That's a bad weight for McKinley? Please explain.

And if LeCount made 112 all year I'm sure James could.

Wow I guess you would know, Ty at 60 or 74 sounds good to me :) He is a great kid with a great family one that weve enjoyed watching since these boys were in elem. Good luck I cant believe they are already seniors.

Willis will go 160lbs or  174lbs and I think a big part of what he decides will depend on if he decides to wrestle or play football at the next level. I would bet myself he would go 174lbs, but if he wants to make 160lbs he could.

I would be shocked if Tyler goes to 174 at this point.  He can make it but he sure looked good at 171 last year and in my opinion should have stayed there.....I don't think that Tyler is too much into cutting weight this year.

I agree Ron I dont see Ty cutting alot 82 is probably all he would want to cut to as a senior,personally I would love to see him at 82,, Willis, Bernard, and Richards was all the same weight as midgets in Iswa it will be a great ending of there careers the Williss are great people. Cant wait    Winfield is the next lil Chico from Perry could possibly be a 2x hwt champ if he can get Wes. A bunch of great kids.          As for James Perry will do whats best to have the top line up in. James will place at either13 or 20 he is a very focused young man, cant wait to see him on the mat. As for the great Ty Fleenor this kid has been at the top since he was a lil guy if he doesnt get a V spot this year that would be disappointing. Your always welcome out here on the east side lol jp Coaches just have alot of love for him and his family.

Why can't this be like the NFL where they could trade fleener to a team that has an opening for him for someone one or two wrestlers they need or a 1st and 2nd round pick LOL. that could make high school sports interesting lol.

It's not far from that right now...

That's a bad weight for McKinley? Please explain.

And if LeCount made 112 all year I'm sure James could.

Jared can do quite well at any weight he chooses I just don't think 138lbs, is where he will choose but only time will tell. The last I checked James & LeCount are two diffrent people and bodies. I have great respect for all these kids we're talking about, but I heard LeCount couldn't make the weight he wanted at a couple tourneys this past late spring or early summer, so don't kid yourself into thinking some of these choices will or could be decided on growth that may or may not have happened yet. The season is still months away!!! Either way Perry are heavy favorites this next season!

Jared can do quite well at any weight he chooses I just don't think 138lbs, is where he will choose but only time will tell. The last I checked James & LeCount are to diffrent people and bodies. I have great respect for all these kids we're talking about, but I heard LeCount couldn't make the weight he wanted at a couple tourneys this past late spring or early summer, so don't kid yourself into thinking some of these choices will or could be decided on growth that may or may not have happened yet. The season is still months away!!! Either way Perry are heavy favorites this next season!

They might be different people but james made 112 for Fargo. If he can make it in the summer, not having practices everyday, I'm sure he can make it in the winter having atleast 5 practices a week. Maybe your right. I think it would be better with James at 113 and LeCount at 126. Only time will tell.

1. Brenden Campbell.

2. Kyle Ayersman.

3. Mason Todd.

4. Paul Petrov.

5. Luke Welch

6. Josh Farrell.

7. Levi Moss.

8. Gideon Vanhook.

Seems the deja vu all over on this board from last year - Todd,  peaked, 'ain't got a chance'....Ayersman, stinks 'ain't got a shot', can't hang with campbell .  That's why they wrestle three periods. 

Mason didn't peak. He wrestled great all year long. Very good wrestler. As far as Campbell, he started wrestling not to lose instead of staying aggressive against Ayersman. He got conservative and you saw the final result. Kinda did the same thing against Carroll from Y-town in the semi's. The previous year at semi-state he beat Mason(St Champ this year) and McKinley(St Champ this year). He is definitely on the same level as all these guys.  

Who's Winfield... what school did he go to?

I am guessing he is from Perry as he is in there PROJECTED line-up.  Just a guess though.  He is a JUNIOR, and wrestled behind Naughton, who was an under weight Heavy last year.  Naughton(1) moves down to 215,  Winfield(1A) steps in at Heavy was 296.8 today.  Winfield stepped in for TEAM STATE this year.  Again  Perry has so many great wrestlers that can flip places. 

From what I am hearing several great athletes coming out after Football.  Are there any records for points scored in a Season and points against?  Cause if Perry can keep everyone healthy this is going to be a very exciting season for the Southside!!

I am guessing that you realized that I wasn't guessing BBULLDOG!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.