Jordan Holm

Haven't seen much about this on the board lately- but a crazy story. Google it and read some of the information. It would be a good ?cautionary tale? to review with your kids headed off to college.

The story: Basically this kid was an NCAA qualifier as a sophomore and was accused at a party of an unwanted sexual contact. He denied it. He even refused the opportunity to get out early by admitting guilt and taking sex offender class. During his 7 years in prison he maintained innocence.

The caution: He didn't tell his parents because he was embarrassed and this left him very vulnerable and without support.  He also made a poor decision at the party putting himself in a bad spot.

The crazy part: I certainly don't know if he is guilty or not, but weeks after being released from a 7 year prison term the kid wins the US Open. Then he makes the finals at the World Team Trials? That's pretty impressive after 7 years in prison!!

The question: If he was doing a camp would you let your kid attend?

Jordan was on the UNI wrestling team when my brother Alex first went there and knows him quite well and in our family we definitely back Jordan and there was university politics that were involved and Jordan was definitely put into a really crappy situation. I would trust any kids with him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.