Mitch Sliga

Sliga and Bernard's last matches will be broadcast at www.themat.tv tonight 2-5pm central time.  I would guess Sliga's finals match would occur in the later part of this session.  I'm not sure if they will run Bernard's 7th place match earlier in the session or along with the finals match.

Where does Mitch rank with some of Indiana's all time greats? I realize he won't have 4 State Titles like some of our past greats but at the National level this guy is special.

Though we haven't seen his results on the national stage at the Junior level let he sure is on his way to being one of the best we have ever seen from Indiana as far as competing in the USA National events.  Here are the past AA's Indiana has had for comparison  http://www.iswa.com/allamer.html

He was down 3-0, then came back to take the lead I think 4-3, and then gave up two more points to be down 5-4 heading into the 30sec break(I think).  There was a ton of scoring and action and anyone that says the international styles are boring don't want to watch this match because it disproves that theory.

Mitch got headlocked for 3 then got turned to go down 5-0 in the Hopkins match.  He then scored 1pt takedown, gut and held to make it 5-4 at :30 sec. mark.  He scored the fall in scramble after that. 

Congrats Mitch.  Anyone who's been around him knows that his work ethic and decision making matches his God given talents.

(and anyone that has ever seen me with a ping pong paddle or lawn jart can tell you of my stellar athleticism!)

RankingsGuy told me they used to sharpen the jarts and throw them overhand in greater Calumet area.

I didn't think anyone in Munster has sharp objects. Too much of a risk to scratch a BMW or Benz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.