2011 Fargo

DemOGuy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have these 2 faced before?

140 POUNDS

Jake Short (Minnesota) vs. Jason Tsirtsis (Indiana)

what about these 2?

112 POUNDS

Nathan Tomasello (Ohio) vs. Jarred Brooks (Indiana)

I watched a few of Jake Short's matches and he is a great defensive wrestler (tough to score on).  He is strong and big for 140.  Will be a tough match for Jason.  They have never wrestled to my knowledge.  One or two periods may go to the ball grab I have a feeling.

Tomasello is tough, I think Brooks wins this matchup in 2 periods.  Good luck to both guys. 

Really hope Jason pulls it off.  Alex had a couple of seconds and couple of thirds when he was wrestling and Jason has a 4th, 3rd and 2nd.  Would be nice to see him get 1st.

In Jarred Brooks' bio it states  he is from Yorktown, I guess McCormmick and Dulaney have brought in another great recruit.

It's Brooks don't you remember he has a new transfer rumor every year.

Just to recap the Juniors:

Brooks finals at 112

McKinley going for 5th at 130

Tsirtsis final 140

Finals will start in a few minutes.

www.themat.tv will have the live feed. 

You may have to refresh it several times to pick up the broadcast though.

Well.... your predictions were off, we had 8 AAs in freestyle with at least two finalists and a possibility of two more.

Glad I was wrong.  What did in end up with, 12 male aa's?  I thought at most 10 between the  two divisions and two styles.

Brooks lost in 3 periods to take 2nd at 112.  

Nathan Tomasello (Ohio) over Jarred Brooks (Indiana) Dec 5-1,0-4,4-1

First period was decided by a move that could have been scored different ways.  It went to video review and Brook lost.  

Brooks dominated the 2nd period.

Third period was closer but Brooks unsuccessfully tried something near the end to stop a score and it inflated the final score.  

On the video feed you may have to refresh it multiple times for your computer to recognize it.  For some reason this has happened  a lot as people try to log in.  Once you get the signal it usually works fine.

Jason Tsirtsis wins in 2 periods to become a Junior National Freestyle Champion.

Jason Tsirtsis (Indiana) over Jake Short (Minnesota) Dec 1-0,1-0

The ball grab decided the first period.

Short is a very well decorated wrestler from a top wrestling family from Minn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.