We need some excitement...Pre pre Season Rankings

Mr Freeze

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

112 benching 225.  Ya right I would have liked to seen your spotters face as you did it.  Thanks for the laugh Y2

Actually that is possible . I've watched my 180 lb stepson bench 365 . So benching double your weight or more is very possible.

I am not saying that is not possible.  Trust me I wrestling Anthony Wilkes quite a few times I think he benched that when he wrestled 103.  But what I am saying is that Joseph might be a little full of it here, and if he could bench that much his wrestling record should have reflected that.  :o  Don't get too mad at me Joe I still love ya.

Sometimes technique plays a part in winning and losing wresting matches also. 

Did you just cut on yourself?  I am just messing with you, actually I would have to say that Garrett has always produced some strong kids.  Their weight program has been top notch for a long time.  Even back in your old @#$ day.

My technique during my high school days was very poor and that is an understatement.  I learned all my technique in college, not in high school.  If you want to watch some really funny stufff, I will post a few of my high school matches on here and you can be the judge on my "technique."

http://www.myspace.com/video/jtcaprino/joe-vs-wayne/271334

http://www.myspace.com/video/jtcaprino/me-vs-heritage-1997/269294

http://www.myspace.com/video/jtcaprino/joe-vs-eastside-sectional-1997/270031

Really this is how some of you get your EXCITEMENT.    Jason posts from his heart.  You don't have to like it, you can hate it.  But I have read pot shots at Andre before.  Little zingers here or there.

Andre was part of our program before and in a way will always be part of our club.  I will never root against Andre,  I won't root for him against a PM  guy,  but I also won't dog him out.  Andre has worked very hard for what he has gotten. 

You all want to judge this family,  and that is not acceptable to me.   

If you have all this time on your hands,  go rock a sick baby at a local hospital,  cut an elderly neighbors grass,  make a dish and send to someone you know is struggling.

It's easy to cast your stones,  no one knows what Andre or his family has had to deal with. 

This sport is different,  if you wish ill on any wrestler from any team then you just don't get it.  These young men make more sacrifices in a given week during the season than you make in a year. 

Good luck Andre and Jason.

Really this is how some of you get your EXCITEMENT.    Jason posts from his heart.   You don't have to like it, you can hate it.   But I have read pot shots at Andre before.   Little zingers here or there.

Andre was part of our program before and in a way will always be part of our club.   I will never root against Andre,  I won't root for him against a PM  guy,  but I also won't dog him out.   Andre has worked very hard for what he has gotten.   

You all want to judge this family,  and that is not acceptable to me.   

If you have all this time on your hands,  go rock a sick baby at a local hospital,  cut an elderly neighbors grass,  make a dish and send to someone you know is struggling.

It's easy to cast your stones,  no one knows what Andre or his family has had to deal with.   

This sport is different,  if you wish ill on any wrestler from any team then you just don't get it.  These young men make more sacrifices in a given week during the season than you make in a year.   

Good luck Andre and Jason.

You are obviously from PM and know the man personally.  Most of the shots taken are at the father, not the kid.  The shots taken at the kid are, most likely, coming from younger folks.  It doesn't make it right it's just the way it is.  Jason is passionate but that excuse can only carry you so far.  Being  the father of wrestlers, and having wrestled myself, I know what it's like to live and die with each match wrestled by your kid so, from that perspective, I understand that part of  his psychosis.  What I don't understand is why he feels it necessary to continuously comment on nearly every subject on this board and then somehow bring it back to jabbering about his kid .  It's comical for awhile and then just downright annoying.  I think most of the people, myself included, wish no ill towards Andre, we just wish Jason would shut the %#@* up.  BTW, your volunteer ideas are pretty cool.  Kind of snaps you back to reality reading what you posted.

You are obviously from PM and know the man personally. 

I do know this man and his son.    I will also tell you that we have had a few run in with each other, Jason and I.    Just differences of opinions.  There are days this man wanted to probably beat the tar out of me and I had days that I wanted to do the same.  But,  I will not let anyone take a shot at a 16 or 17 year old kid, one of my sons former team mates.  I am sad that Andre will not be a Falcon this year,  but I support his decision to move where he felt comfortable.   

Jason is the first one to put his heart out there.  He has been supportive of the Kieffer's recently,  and I know he took it very hard when the wrestling community lost Zach Wise last year.

Take the good with the bad.    There is nothing wrong with discussions,  but let's leave the abuse out of it.

I'd be willing to wager that Jarred Brooks or Cody Phillips could do the same. Not all that unrealistic

You just named 2 of the best 112 pounders the state has seen in years.  Not good examples.   

You just named 2 of the best 112 pounders the state has seen in years.  Not good examples.   

Bad example due to wrestling skill level? Strength isn't the best indicator of wrestling ability. Just naming the two strongest kids at that weight i could think of. Here's a better example for you then, Terrance Kennedy, 103 from Floyd Central. I'd bet he could. Is that better?

Hmmm...  I am sorry I forgot I know nothing about wrestling or about the 103 to 119 weight classes.  Oh wait I do, I have been coaching for around 14 years and I wrestled 103 and 119 in high school. And 118-126 in college.  Did you not hear me say I wrestled Anthony Wilkes quite a few times. Strongest light weight I have ever seen.  The rumor was that kid could bench 275 when he wrestled 103.  But you could see it when you looked at him.  What I am saying is that it is not the norm and that if they can bench that much they are probably upper class man at that weight class.  I know there a ton of coaches on here I will kindly shut my mouth if other coaches will say I have 112 pounders all the time that can bench 225.  Also I would not count a kid that was weighing 125 at the beginning of season and benching 225 and then cutting to 112 because I bet he could no longer bench 225.

But hey I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time.  But I doubt it.

Aoberlin, gotta agree with you.  I would believe it the rare 12 lbr that could bench twice their weight.  Y2 should have left the video footage in the closet.  Sorry joe, but I have a hard time believing that build could bench 225.  Ime sure you're going to be ticked by these posts but I just can't believe that skinny kid in the video could bench 225.

PMWC2009, You should be happy to know, I just completed the following: I cut my neighbors grass (he's not elderly though) and  I took some of our club kids to the ice cream parlor. I can't cook worth a darn so I didn't attempt that one, JK! I see your point, however, those that bring attention to themselves (neg./positive) should not be suprised when they get it. People are entitled to their own opinions when questions are asked on a public forum. I do agree with you reference the attacks on the kids, not acceptable. I do believe that is not the norm on here, even though it does happen from time to time.

You didn't want to mess with me when I was a 112lbs lean mean wrestling machine!

Y2 must have been a beast 112lber.  I have a good friend by the name of Danny Coyne who did 225+ on bench press the year he won state in 2006 at 112.  Honestly, it is just an extremely impressive feat at that weight to be that strong. 

Bench press strength has very little to do with any functionality in a wrestling match. Squats and deadlifts would impress me more

Agreed 100%.  But typically if a 112lber is benching 225+ his other lifts aren't lacking much.  Y2 was a freak 112lber I would imagine he would agree or openly admit that his other lifts weren't horrible.  But it is true bench press has little functionality on the wrestling mat.  I just used that as an example since that is what everyone was discussing prior.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.