To clarify the confusion about Humphrey

CoachGans

I know a lot of people have been asking why Reece isn't on the World Team and I just wanted to clarify.

The New Rule: If a former world team member wins an elite international tournament (Bunch won Medved) the previous year, and loses in the finals the following year at the World Team Trials, then that wrestler still has a chance to be on the world team if they medal higher at a specified tournament (Ukraine) than the wrestler they lost to in the trials.

It is my understanding for this new rule is because too many US team members were performing poorly internationally while those who did not make the team, would have done better at these international tournaments.

I can tell you that Reece, Jordin, Jim all agree with the rule even though it means Reece has to beat Bunch again. The rule is to create the best World Team possible. However, this rule also means that Reece is the first person EVER to win the World Team Trails and not be on the World Team LOL!

"this rule also means that Reece is the first person EVER to win the World Team Trails and not be on the World Team LOL! "

Well first person to not automatically be on the team haha.  He will make it.  We're rooting for you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.