Hump

Devils27

Coach Jones said they were probably wrestling at the Ukraine Event which I think was at the very end of July.  The other possibility was the Poland event which was at a similar time period.

haha...i was thinking the same thing...USA wrestling is extremely political......it wont matter though Reece is goin to kick some butt and put all the haters to bed....good luck and do work Reece

haha...i was thinking the same thing...USA wrestling is extremely political......it wont matter though Reece is goin to kick some butt and put all the haters to bed....good luck and do work Reece

How is this political?  The new qualifying criteria were in place before the US Open and Trials.  Humphrey and Bunch knew beforehand if Humphrey won he would have to outplace him at a tournament. 

Maybe political is not the right word to describe this situation, but to beat a guy three times in the US making you the best in the US and having to place better than that same person at an international tourny is crazy to me.  There are so many factors that could play into the outcome injury, illness, bad day at the office.  It looks pretty cut and dry to me who should be representing the US at that weight.

The new criteria was put into place to reward people for doing well in tough tournaments overseas.  The Bunch and Humphrey deal is the perfect scenario especially since they are training partners.  Humphrey won the last match with two clinches, that does not show that he is the better wrestler, only the luckier one.  I think the new criteria(for freestyle only right now) makes it tougher for the top guys just to train to make the World/Olympic team and train to beat the best in the world.  In the past many wrestlers would just train to beat the top guy at their weight and basically forget to train to beat the best in the world. 

If you want to complain about a system, complain about Mongolia or Russia or the others that hand choose their team with very little regard to their nationals results.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.