Fargo

Bruschi

brooks has wrestled all the best in the country and the only person that really can beat jarred this year has been Nick Roberts of Pensylvania who has defeated Jarred twice this year at the World Team Trials in the finals and at the Junior Filas also in the finals. Jarred has been training his ass off for this event and he is ready for any takers!!!!Oh yea , Mr. Roberts finished 5th in the world last year  and is ranked 3rd in the country,  lets not forget about Mason, Paul, and Devon along with Brooks in the finals!!!!

I'm only looking at men's freestyle, as greco doesnt have any real bearing on freestyle or folkstyle success, IMO.  Last year we had 2 AAs in freestyle in Tsirtsis and Sliga.  I agree that we have a great group of guys going to the tournament this year, but I really think you're underestimating how difficult it is to make the finals.  Many Indiana wrestlers with better credentials than pretty much everyone on this list, with the exception of Tsirtsis, have never even come close to making it that far.  I feel like we have a good shot at 5 or so freestyle AAs, but I would be shocked if we had more than 2 finalists.

I'd have to argue, considering the big throws can help in both freestyle and folkstyle. Its a nice tool to have in an arsenal, so I would say you should probably count it imo.

Greco is just as important to the success of Folkstyle and Freestyle as much as anything else.  The confidence of simply being successful, improving your throws, being able to score points when leg attacks aren't cutting it, etc.  These were all beneficial to my success and to the success of our kids as well. Truthfully, this is one of the problems in Indiana right now, in regards to the lack of Greco participation, but I believe we will get better.

In regards to Fargo, it is a tough tournament and success does not come as easily as one thinks.  There are a lot of factors that can go into winning in North Dakota and there will definitely be some surprises.  I am glad, however, that we have as many "studs" as we have going.  It is a far better representation of Team Indiana compared to some past tournaments, and going up there with a higher number of Indiana's best is refreshing.

Whether we have 1 AA or 20 AA's, I hope we all go out there and handle our business.  

For Juniors the total is 45 and Cadets 51 (3 per weight class). If one weight class is not full (ex: many times Cadet 84 or Junior 98) then you are allowed to bring 4 wrestlers in another weight class. But the total can not exceed the 45 for Juniors and 51 for Cadets. In addition, Cadets and Juniors that place in the top 3 at a Regional or FILA Cadets or FILA Juniors are also qualified to attend as a member of Team Indiana but do not count against the total. So, the total number of team members you can bring varies depending on how many qualifiers you have from Regionals or FILA Nationals.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say from that list here are possible AA's for the guys.

Micic (Think at this weight he could be a finalist)

Brooks outside shot at AA

Todd shot at AA

Tsirtsis (possible finalist)

Jackson outside shot AA

Sliga (possible finalist)

This is all I really see, but you never know with draws.  McKinley could AA but 135 is going to be really deep and tough.  This is just a really hard tournament to AA in.

These were my picks 2 weeks ago.  What was the final count of AA.  I know I missed a couple of cadets.

I was just hoping we would here from fwrestler he said In would be lucky to have 5AAs total he must not have seen  Iswa freestyle and Greco wrestling lately. IN is on the rise I believe. Great job Iswa to you all that bust your butts at the tour. you volunteers keep it going. Keep it up for the future of IN wrestling.

I was just hoping we would here from fwrestler he said In would be lucky to have 5AAs total he must not have seen  Iswa freestyle and Greco wrestling lately. IN is on the rise I believe. Great job Iswa to you all that bust your butts at the tour. you volunteers keep it going. Keep it up for the future of IN wrestling.

I predicted we'd have 5 AAs between the Cadet and Junior Freestyle teams and we got 8, not really that far off.  I figured we'd get about 3 Juniors on the podium (which we did) but more Cadets AAed than I expected.  And I was off on the number of finalists, thinking there would be two when there turned out to be 4.  Pretty successful tournament for Indiana, it seems like we're producing more and more kids who can compete and win against the best in the nation every year.

And looking at the Fargo results, next year's state tournament might be the deepest it's been in a while from 106-138.  Potentially, we could have Micic, Fuqua and now Cottey at 106, Todd, Brooks, Phillips, Petrov and now James at 113, Ayersman and Campbell returning at 120, McKinley back at 126, Molloy and Jackson back at 132 or 138, and Tsirtsis back at 138.  That's assuming no one goes up in weight, which won't happen, but that's 14 pretty elite wrestlers (9 of whom own Fargo medals) spread over 7 weight classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.