Knure, Keith Junior Freestyle 215

Naughton, Jordan Junior Freestyle 215

Bernard, Wesley Cadet Both 285

Jolley-Little, Gavan Cadet Both 285

Kolley, Daniel Cadet Both 285

Mofield, Jeffrey Junior Freestyle 285

Sampson, Justin Junior Both 285

Winfield, Donte Junior Both 285

How many IN boys you think has a shot in being in the finals I say a possible 5. Good luck to all.

No one has a shot at the finals except Tsirtsis and Sliga, IMO.  We might be able to get 5 AAs if we're lucky.

WOW No love for the Indy boys Jared Mckinley went unscored on at Disney, Drake Stein is a stud, Sliga and Tsirtsis are beasts and will be in the finals Kirk johnson,and Jake Masengale should AA Roach. There is alot of kids that should do very I dont see only 2 in the finals. Bernard I beleive will AA I think there will be about 7 AA from Indy good luck boys.

In honor of Fleeger's last night in Indiana I will quote him..."I love Mckinley...once he gets his hands on you he is like a dog with a chew toy...so physical"!

So true....I can't wait to watch him on the next level.

Demoguy - do you have any concept of how difficult it is to make the finals at fargo?  It's the premier freestyle event in the entire country.  The best of the best are there.  Disney doesn't hold a candle to level of competition at Fargo.  If there are two IN boys to make the finals between the cadets and the juniors combined, I would say its a fairly successful tournament for Indiana. 

Three former finalists are wrestling next week, so I hope that all three can repeat those feats(Stein in Greco, Sliga in Freestyle and Greco, and Tsirtsis in Freestyle as a cadet).  It does look like we have a lot of very good wrestlers going this year that can place.  I am excited for the trip and we will be bringing you lots of pictures and coverage of the whole week.

Oldwrestler You make me laugh Ive been around wrestling along time I do know the concept of Fargo wrestling and still think we should have 5 in the finals are you saying Mckinley is not good enough to make it? Because you are wrong about that he has been to Fargo and knows what he needs to do the same with Stein. So do you really have any concept on how good these Indiana Boys really are. Sliga, Tsirstis, Stein, Mckinley, Miracle, and Masengale I could see them all in the finals with maybe a few extra.

Indiana Boys really are. Sliga, Tsirstis, Stein, Mckinley, Miracle, and Masengale I could see them all in the finals with maybe a few extra.

Well if we are adding in the girls division I'd definitely put Miracle, Hildebrandt, and Strub having a very good shot at making the finals.  Two made it last year and Kayla probably would have if they didn't pull her out since she wasn't officially an 9th grader yet.  With those three it would help to inflate the number of Indiana wrestlers that can make the finals.  Aside from that I can see many Indiana guys capable of making AA status.  But for several to also have the tournament needed to make the finals of a huge event like Fargo will be tough.  I'm not sure which wrestlers in the boys division will be able to rise of this year but if we can get 3 in the final on the boys side I would consider that an accomplishment.

Jackson and Brooks two of Indys best wrestlers and MMA fighters at their respected weights they are amongst the best in both and have a great shot in the finals or AA. Give me numbers of our AAs lets see whos the closest. I say 7 AAs.

Jackson and Brooks two of Indys best wrestlers and MMA fighters at their respected weights they are amongst the best in both and have a great shot in the finals or AA. Give me numbers of our AAs lets see whos the closest. I say 7 AAs.

AA's and finalist are two completely different things.  I'll stick to my guns and say two (three max) male finalists from IN.  5 male AA's.  BTW, that MMA stuff really comes in handy at Fargo for sure.  If our boys can start punching and kicking guys in the head then I'll raise my number of IN finalists to 10.  Why do you bring that crap up on here?  It has absolutely no bearing on the conversation whatsoever.

I would say from that list here are possible AA's for the guys.

Micic (Think at this weight he could be a finalist)

Brooks outside shot at AA

Todd shot at AA

Tsirtsis (possible finalist)

Jackson outside shot AA

Sliga (possible finalist)

This is all I really see, but you never know with draws.  McKinley could AA but 135 is going to be really deep and tough.  This is just a really hard tournament to AA in.

I was just stating those two have a good shot as well at Fargo.  They are amazing MMA fighters as well dont get your panties in a bunch because you dont have faith in our Indiana boys making it through. Jackson I could see making it through to the finale.

I would say from that list here are possible AA's for the guys.

Micic (Think at this weight he could be a finalist)

Brooks outside shot at AA

Todd shot at AA

Tsirtsis (possible finalist)

Jackson outside shot AA

Sliga (possible finalist)

This is all I really see, but you never know with draws.  McKinley could AA but 135 is going to be really deep and tough.  This is just a really hard tournament to AA in.

You forgot Stein. I'd say he has a pretty good shot

You forgot Stein. I'd say he has a pretty good shot

Stein lost quite a few matches at national duals, but he still could make a comeback and grab AA if things go right. I guess just looking at some of his losses at the duals he was beat soundly.

Freestyle Results

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Jake Swenson (Minnesota 2) Dec 4-1,6-0

189 - Willie Miklus (Iowa 2) over Drake Stein (Indiana) Pin 8-1,0:59

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Matt Morrell (New Jersey) Pin 7-1,1:09

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

189 - Darien Willis (Kansas 1) over Drake Stein (Indiana) Dec 10-3,4-1

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

189 - Evan Rosborough (Ohio) over Drake Stein (Indiana) Dec 4-3,5-2

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Danny Chaid (California 2) Dec 2-2,4-2,7-0

Greco Results

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Shawn Scott (Michigan 2) Dec 7-0,5-0

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Paul Alessandrini (New York) Pin 5-0,0:41

189 - Cody Johnston (Missouri) over Drake Stein (Indiana) TF 6-0,7-0

189 - Devin Peterson (Wisconsin) over Drake Stein (Indiana) TF 6-0,6-0

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Miles Hammerlund (Minnesota Blue) Pin 0:40

189 - Drake Stein (Indiana) over Dan Chaid (California) Pin 1:55

I'm only looking at men's freestyle, as greco doesnt have any real bearing on freestyle or folkstyle success, IMO.  Last year we had 2 AAs in freestyle in Tsirtsis and Sliga.  I agree that we have a great group of guys going to the tournament this year, but I really think you're underestimating how difficult it is to make the finals.  Many Indiana wrestlers with better credentials than pretty much everyone on this list, with the exception of Tsirtsis, have never even come close to making it that far.  I feel like we have a good shot at 5 or so freestyle AAs, but I would be shocked if we had more than 2 finalists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.