Freestyle State

quinnsDAD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did seed aka split up former state champions into opposite pools. 

What if there are no State Champs?

Also How many years back does that go?  Do you get the State Champ split for life?

What if there are no State Champs?

Also How many years back does that go?  Do you get the State Champ split for life?

Per ISWA.com

Separation Criteria for ISWA State Finals

ISWA State Champions within the past 2 years, in any style of wrestling, will be separated.  If you were a state champion in Folkstyle Freestyle or Greco-Roman in 2009 - 2010 or 2011, please be sure to indicate your placement when you pre-register for state at trackwrestling.com

IHSWCA Middle School State Championships is NOT an ISWA State Finals event!

Great match.  I see the score listed at  Dec 2-2,2-5,3-1 for McKinley.  But I'm a little fuzzy on the 2-2 score for the first period.  Any help on breaking that one down.   The takedown (at least 1) and two gutwrenches (at least 1 each) at the start would have got him 3 point if not more.  Did they discount the turns because of the throw controversy for some reason?  Was there an error we didn't catch via the video?

Great match.  I see the score listed at  Dec 2-2,2-5,3-1 for McKinley.  But I'm a little fuzzy on the 2-2 score for the first period.  Any help on breaking that one down.   The takedown (at least 1) and two gutwrenches (at least 1 each) at the start would have got him 3 point if not more.  Did they discount the turns because of the throw controversy for some reason?  Was there an error we didn't catch via the video?

Yeah, what was that?

If they give molloy one (instead of the five they gave initially), then why not the turns???  Wow, looks like they missed something.  Tough call. ???

Again, was there something else that happened the video doesnt show?  confused...

My limited freestyle knowledge may hurt me here, but this is how I understand things happened in the Molloy/McKinley match. If the 5 point move had been confirmed, the period would have been over. Since the officials had to sort out how many points to award, anything that happened after the throw didn't count. Not sure if the time was adjusted to take that into account or if it even needed to be adjusted. So the 2 gut wrenches didn't happen in the eyes of the official. Molloy awarded 1 point for a takedown with no danger and wrestling continues from there.

That was my thinking too. Other than the match continued since the three red consensus wasn't to award 5 at the time of the throw. I would think that is the equivalent of keep wrestling until you hear the whistle. Since the match wasn't stopped after the throw the action continued after. The point value of the throw was contested after the tech fall and reduced from what I believe was scored as 3 (by two judges) to 1 (after the argument).  But I would have assumed the moves that occurred after would have counted since the action continued after the throw.  I guess we need one of these fancy Tom Clark explanations for this one.

That was my thinking too. Other than the match continued since the three red consensus wasn't to award 5 at the time of the throw. I would think that is the equivalent of keep wrestling until you hear the whistle. Since the match wasn't stopped after the throw the action continued after. The point value of the throw was contested after the tech fall and reduced from what I believe was scored as 3 (by two judges) to 1 (after the argument).   But I would have assumed the moves that occurred after would have counted since the action continued after the throw.  I guess we need one of these fancy Tom Clark explanations for this one.

That's what I thought.

As for splitting state champs this may be true but I was told by one of our coaches that in one weight class in inter, one side had no champs and the other side had the Indy nationals champion and last weeks greco champ.  So if true that was a bit off.

As for splitting state champs this may be true but I was told by one of our coaches that in one weight class in inter, one side had no champs and the other side had the Indy nationals champion and last weeks greco champ.  So if true that was a bit off.

The person who registered the wrestler is responsible for indicating that the wrestler meets the criteria to be seeded.  I know one of my wrestlers who has won a few titles the past few years did not indicate this.

That was my thinking too. Other than the match continued since the three red consensus wasn't to award 5 at the time of the throw. I would think that is the equivalent of keep wrestling until you hear the whistle. Since the match wasn't stopped after the throw the action continued after. The point value of the throw was contested after the tech fall and reduced from what I believe was scored as 3 (by two judges) to 1 (after the argument).  But I would have assumed the moves that occurred after would have counted since the action continued after the throw.  I guess we need one of these fancy Tom Clark explanations for this one.

It was actually scored as 5 by 2 officials and later reduced to 1...

It was actually scored as 5 by 2 officials and later reduced to 1...

Then they sure allowed the action proceed a lot longer than just a few seconds to check the side judges.  Looked like perry coaches went into the discussion trying to avoid the tech fall  but came out with a much better result.  Like a true champ  McKinley sure didn't let the early onslaught phase him and came back fighting though.

Wow, were those Officals asleep or what in the 2nd Period?  Ayersman launches him over his head with exposure that should have been at least two, if not

one, and then they take it away?  That's just a bad call that should have had a match go 3 periods.

mat judge and mat chair ruled no points Campbell was on his head spun ontop of his head and landed on his knees scoring the takedown as he came around back, both wrestled extremely hard and was a fun match to watch.

mat judge and mat chair ruled no points Campbell was on his head spun ontop of his head and landed on his knees scoring the takedown as he came around back, both wrestled extremely hard and was a fun match to watch.

Heard from a few people near the mat table that the mat judge was eating a hot dog during the match...unbelievable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.