Freestyle State

quinnsDAD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little suprise they didn't have a split between a morning and afternoon session on Saturday along with the morning session Sunday.  Hopefully, it runs smoothly without it, but this is a different enviroment to work off of compared to the state fairgrounds.  I would hope the numbers would be strong enough to almost make a split essential, but state seems to not attract as many competators as it once did.  The split sessions may something to tweek for next year after we see how the weight it between matches and the crowd issues are this year.  One things for sure it will be a weekend full of good wrestling matches.

I was a little suprise they didn't have a split between a morning and afternoon session on Saturday along with the morning session Sunday.  

Sunday shouldnt be a problem with only about 330 wrestlers competing.

Saturday should be interesting though with over 525 wresters competing. 

As long as we are patient and remember this is the first year in a new venue then I think everything will go smooth and fine.

I will say things running are decently smoothly today.  Hats off to the ISWA staff for there efforts.  Hopefully attendance will improve over next few years and warrant a two session split.

any other good weights to watch? junior 125 has shephard(12 lb placer) campbell(19 lb runnerup), ayersman(19 lb champ), todd(12 lb champ). great weight to watch. any other weights have a showing like this?

any other good weights to watch? junior 125 has shephard(12 lb placer) campbell(19 lb runnerup), ayersman(19 lb champ), todd(12 lb champ). great weight to watch. any other weights have a showing like this?

Looks like Ayersman and Campbell are in the finals and Todd and Campbell are in the consolation finals.

The only thing I wish is that I understood the brackets better.

Jack beet one of the guys who went to the final in 2 straight periods.  Then lost once after that and

wrestled for 5th.  That just doesn't make sense to me?  The problem seems to be with splitting the brackets

in half like they do.  I am sure there is a good reason for it but no one has been able to explain it to me.

I am sure it works well if you have 2 favorites that you want to make sure has the best chance to make it to the

finals but when the guys are very even it doesn't seem to work well.

Jack beet one of the guys who went to the final in 2 straight periods.  Then lost once after that and

wrestled for 5th.  That just doesn't make sense to me?  The problem seems to be with splitting the brackets

in half like they do.  I am sure there is a good reason for it but no one has been able to explain it to me.

I am sure it works well if you have 2 favorites that you want to make sure has the best chance to make it to the

I think you are talking about Manning @ 171.  They all split wins with each other.

Mappes 18pts

Lefever 14 pts

Manning 11 pts...he was hurt by a 1st round bye

Jack beet one of the guys who went to the final in 2 straight periods.  Then lost once after that and

wrestled for 5th.  That just doesn't make sense to me?  The problem seems to be with splitting the brackets

in half like they do.  I am sure there is a good reason for it but no one has been able to explain it to me.

They split the brackets up to be able to showcase the finals more.  

Vertical pairing does a better job of finding out who the top two wrestlers are.  Line bracketing can only guarantee you knowing who the best wrestler is and the second and third best kids could easily finish third and fifth.  Both ways of bracketing tournaments has its drawbacks and never "truly" place the wrestlers in their respective placements.  If you aren't the best wrestler you are playing with the draw and sometimes you will lose.

125 was sick!!!

1Campbell      2-3

2 Ayersman  1-1-3

3 Todd                1-5-sq

4 Shepard       8-sq

5 Ordonez   

6 Kendle          7-sq

171 was a very tough weight as well, Its good to seeKnura back at it. Great job!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.