LN vs MD

polytropos

It's a sad day here on the westside of evill.  MD pulls off a great win against CP, then folds to LN.  Too many mistakes, too many pins, MD was overlooking LN and it bit them in the end.  Wright and Brandenstein should have won their matches.  The others should have stayed off their backs.  This was a total team collapse.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people are selling Douthitt a little short. He's been banged up, but he's a very good wrestler. LN has also shown a remarkable ability to elevate their wrestling in the team series.

Thanks Dingo. Im proud of my teammates and of how far we have come as a team. We have a great coaching staff and season that I will always remember.

It's a sad day here on the westside of evill.  MD pulls off a great win against CP, then folds to LN.  Too many mistakes, too many pins, MD was overlooking LN and it bit them in the end.  Wright and Brandenstein should have won their matches.  The others should have stayed off their backs.  This was a total team collapse.

Don't EVER rule out a team that you "know" you are going to beat - that team has the exact same goal in mind as your team when they hit the mat - TO WIN!  Douthitt was a beast!  Brandenstein may have been the hero in his match against CP and maybe he shucked off LN's Douthitt...... woe is him -- didn't pay off!

I don't think MD "overlooked" LN so much as let down after a draining win over Crown Point.  Did LN overlook Perry Meridian in the finals?  No, they just let down after their big win over MD to get there.  It's hard to maintain maximum intensity every round.

I don't think MD "overlooked" LN so much as let down after a draining win over Crown Point.  Did LN overlook Perry Meridian in the finals?  No, they just let down after their big win over MD to get there.  It's hard to maintain maximum intensity every round.

I don't think that a team that just upset a better team ever has a let down, I know I am still celebrating LN's 2nd place finish, no let down here.  Back in December when LN wrestled PM at the Franklin Super 6 the score was 41-21 so how can we seriously think that a 44-21 is a let down.  Par for the course I'd say, they just match up better against our guy's.

To take away the accomplishments of LN in defeating MD is just petty.  LN obviously came to wrestle, and frankly MD showed up to beat CP.  Well they pulled that off somehow and I guess they assumed the Championship was Decided after Round One.

As for MD getting stuck 4 times...Folks they are NOT the MD of old.  Plain and simple.  Tough, solid, and worthy program, but the attitude is just NOT the same.

Having said that, I am proud of EVERY kid who took the mat this year!  You are ALL Champions!

To take away the accomplishments of LN in defeating MD is just petty.   LN obviously came to wrestle, and frankly MD showed up to beat CP.   Well they pulled that off somehow and I guess they assumed the Championship was Decided after Round One.

I'm not taking anything away from LN.  They deserve everything they got.  They faught hard and maximized their wins, against the odds.  That showed a level of character that was, perhaps, unforseen by many, which makes it more impressive, in my opinion.

As for MD getting stuck 4 times...Folks they are NOT the MD of old.   Plain and simple.   Tough, solid, and worthy program, but the attitude is just NOT the same.

Sadly, I am afraid there is some truth to what you say.

Having said that, I am proud of EVERY kid who took the mat this year!   You are ALL Champions!

Keeping things in proper prospective. 

Blue Bolt has it right MD is not the team of old. I would bet that is the only time MD has given up 4 pins in a meet and if they have it was when they first started their program.

Didn't they give up more than a few pins to the Hobart team that almost knocked them off around the beginning of Team State in the mid 90's?

MD gave up 3 pins to Hobart and may have given 3 to ST. ED's in 86-87

Thanks for the info.  I remembered them getting pinned multiple times in the Hobart match, but I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4 that they gave up.

But you can die trying (figuratively speaking), and that is something we were not willing to do on Saturday.  And that is why we lost.

That was well stated.  I am still proud of EVERY wrestler that hit the mat at Center Grove on Saturday.  During the season they had to have worked their a$$es off to make it that far!  Some came and gave a little bit more than others, but overall each one came, and hopefully, gave their ALL! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.