Can anyone beat Boston at 103????

Region Watcher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing him yesterday no one can touch this kid. In my own opinion this could be the next four year champion

Outstanding kid congrats to the 103 state champ.

That being said. Untouchable? absolutly not! 5-3 with Micic in a match that went right to the wire and could have gone either way. It seems that words like untouchable should be reserved for the likes of Jason Tsirtsis, who truly looked untouchable not giving up a point all weekend.

The young man was impressive.  I guy in the crowd said he doesn't even weigh 100.  It looks like it.  That being said I wish that Boomsma didn't get stuck in the 3rd with the big lead.  I would have liked to have seen that match.  Great job by Fuqua hitting the 10 run HR though.

Micic being a 99# freshman handled Boomsma pretty easily, 9-4. Watching the match it really didn't seem that close. The size difference between the two was very evident, as well as it was with Boston and Micic. I think we can look forward to some great wrestling from this group (Boston, Micic and Fuqua)over the next few years. I'm sure there will be no run away in this group. All top tier kids.

P.S. I asume you were meaning Micic was under 100 pounds(I know it for a fact). Seeing as all the others that made it to the semi's at 103 were noticably bigger than him.

Micic being a 99# freshman handled Boomsma pretty easily, 9-4. Watching the match it really didn't seem that close.

Congrats to Micic.  That being said, anyone who knows Boomsma or has watched him wrestle could see that he wrestled that 3rd place match with NO emotion.  Nothing left for the senior to prove.  Everything for the freshman.  There was a guy sitting in my section who said Boomsma would get fourth after he lost in semis, I thought NO WAY.  But after seeing that match I understand.  He was there to win it, not place as high as he could.  With no team points, I am sure it was hard to motivate him.  But congrats toMicic again.  He seized the opportunity and wrestled well to get third. 

He was up 7-2 and got caught in the Semis.  Great job by Fuqua. 

If Boomsma would have made it to the finals it would have been a better match up.  IMO of course now we will never know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.