Can anyone beat Boston at 103????

Region Watcher

I had a chance to see Nathan Boston for the first time at the Al Smith this year.  Wow!  Tough kid....

Can anyone beat Boseon at 103???????????

I have to tell you I think Josh Fuqua will give him all he can handle and more if they meet up.  Have they ever wrestled before?  I am not a Crown Point fan but I have seen Fuqua walk through every solid 103 pounder in the region and let me tell you there are alot of them.  He has beaten Micic from Hanover 4 times!  Micic's only losses came to Fuqua!  Micic is a player too, and will undoubtedly place in state.

Boomsma also is a major player here.  I don't know anything about him.  Can he take Boston?

I think Fuqua will see him in the finals.  I also think he has a great chance to beat Boston!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is beatable.

My top competitors that have a chance.

1. Jacob Boomsma (Strong and tough as nails. Will punish on top.)

2. Josh Fuqua ( both technically equal)

3. Damon Kuhn ( very impressive overall only losing to boomsma 4-0 At semi state he will be a competitor as well)

I have seen Boomsma at a few tournys this year...and I am not sure if anyone has scored an offensive point on him all year. He is big for a 103 and a senior.  No one at semi state really pushed him, 4-0 in finals.  Probably could have been more against a really good wrestler.  I think it will be a heck of battle. I am by no means a Bloomington fan, but this kid is the real deal.

If anyone does it will be Boomsma.  He is a THREE time semi state champion but seems to not wrestle his best come the state finals.  I think Boomsma will have too much strength coming down from 112 last year and with Boston being around 100lbs.

His sophomore year at semi state he beat (Q)dylan hall 7-3 in the semi finals then beat(5) brian kuhn 7-0 in the championship.  He went on to lose friday night to brian harvey 7-5.  Harvey finished 6th.

His junior year he wrestled 112 and won semi state again.  Here are his state results from last year.

beat Danny Rodriguez (34-9) by pin

lost to Jared McKinley (46-2) 5-2

lost to Brian Harvey (39-6) 9-6

lost to Cody Kendle (36-7) by pin

Answers to all your questions

1- Boston will be our 103# state champ.  He is too technical for the rest of them

2- Micic only weighs about 100# ( I believe that is the only thing holding him back at this point)

3 - Fuqua was over 105# this past summer so I know he is coming down for 103

Have a nice day!

First of all thank the wreslting gods that Boomsma and Boston are on opposite sides of the bracket.  Second of all... I can't wait for this match up.  I give the edge to Boomsma if he takes the attitude that he is not going to let a freshman come in and beat him.  But then again Boston could take the attitude that he has something to prove for a youngster... a very complicated case, lots of ins and outs and what have yous....  I just hope they both show up with the mindset to win rather than to NOT lose and leave it all on the mat....

I gotta go find a cash machine!!

Boomsma better worry about Fuqua before he thinks of Boston!  I have seen this kid wrestle 10 times this year. 

This kid beat Micic 4 times!  To tell you how good Micic is,  I will bet money that Micic takes 4th or better at 103! 

Fuqua also beat Marciano (twice), Buckley(3times), Garza (3times) and everyone else! 

Don't sleep on this kid.  I just have a feeling ;)

NO  .  I  don't  think  Nathan  has  even  been  scored  on  this  season  and  I'm  pretty sure  he  trains  with  some  pretty  good  partners.  but 

Micic  is  favorite  for  sure  next  year .  He  is  most  definetly  the  smallest  103  this  year  but would  not  count  him  out  of  any  match  this  weekend 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.