Evansville Updates?

wrestler68

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals introductions have begun. Doing finals and consolations together.  Jeffersonville brought 6 coaches out for introductions... Lol

Well that's about 2/3rds of the staff and all probably "dressed to the nines" too. ;D    Glad to see them get a few in the finals.

Finals and Consolation Results Update

103:

1st/2nd Jacob Boomsma dec. Damon Kuhn 4-0

3rd/4th Terrence Kennedy dec. Skyler Lykins 9-4

112:

1st/2nd Alonzo Shepard dec. Luke Schroeder 1-0

3rd/4th Blake Johns dec. Sam Goebel 3-0

119:

1st/2nd Luke Welch dec. Logan Wedding 4-0

3rd/4th Vanhook beat Pierre

125:

1st/2nd Baron Rieker dec. Trevor Moody 3-1 OT

3rd/4th Griesmer beat Dunkle

130:

1st/2nd Neal Malloy TF Michael Brown 20-4... In 3:07. This kid is a MONSTER

3rd/4th Jonathon Hoehn dec. Tyler Hupp 7-0

135:

1st/2nd Ethan Raley TF Derek Dowdy 17-1

3rd/4th Steven Rieker Fall Byron Konrath

140:

1st/2nd PJ Montgomery dec. Blake Rueger 9-2

3rd/4th Spencer Boyd dec. Jake Lannert 7-5 OT

145:

1st/2nd Renaldo Weekly dec. Quincy Richey 9-2 (Weekly Dominated Richey)

3rd/4th Donald Helterbrand def. Roy Whestine (Injury Default)

152:

1st/2nd Doug Welch major dec. Matt Prasek 11-1

3rd/4th Tsali Lough dec. Austin Bowman 12-5

160:

1st/2nd Chad Welch Fall Tyler Rickenbaugh

3rd/4th John Sims major dec. Gabe Holt

Vanhook 6-1

Sad day on the westside when a LARGE portion of the MD crowd were cheering for Rieker (CE) against Moody (Reitz)

Just like everyone else cheers against MD anyother time.  Rieker deserved to win!  Moody wrestles with a saddle and everyone on my side of the stadium knows it!

Just like everyone else cheers against MD anyother time.  Rieker deserved to win!  Moody wrestles with a saddle and everyone on my side of the stadium knows it!

Actually I did not see a Reitz fan rooting agaist MD all day.  I agree that alot of people root against MD but you didn't see Reitz fans doing it today.  You know I really like Henderson... he seems like a good kid and a good person but some of his "biggest fans" need to realize that there is more to life then high school wrestling and booing high school athletes when your favorite wrestler has nothing to do with the match is pretty sad.

Actually I did not see a Reitz fan rooting agaist MD all day.  I agree that alot of people root against MD but you didn't see Reitz fans doing it today.  You know I really like Henderson... he seems like a good kid and a good person but some of his "biggest fans" need to realize that there is more to life then high school wrestling and booing high school athletes when your favorite wrestler has nothing to do with the match is pretty sad.

The only thing sad here is it seems every year MD gets screwed with SEEDS.  @125, why was there 3 ranked wrestlers in the lower bracket and only Moody in the top bracket?...Reitz hosts this event right?, that's  probably a big swing there.  I am Zach's biggest fan and I realize there is more to life than high school wrestling, but why can I not boast my opinions like everyone else?  Is it because I am a MD fan and alumni?  Is it because I don't like your wrestler?  But the best wrestlers at 125 from the E-ville semi state are not going to state, say what you will, you will be wrong! 

The only thing sad here is it seems every year MD gets screwed with SEEDS.  @125, why was there 3 ranked wrestlers in the lower bracket and only Moody in the top bracket?...Reitz hosts this event right?, that's  probably a big swing there.

Reitz had nothing to do with the "seeding".  Top 4 regional finishers get randomly paired with the top 4 regional finishes of a random regional.  And they are not really seeds.  They are how the wrestler finished at regionals. Its the same format as the state finals.  I agree that not the top 4 wrestlers advance but it is how it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.