135 Heald Fall over Kriech

140 DeWees fall over #8 Judy

152 Haak over Spencer Hays 8-6 OT

160 ?? Franklin Kid dec Mappes ?? Score

171 Underwood Fall over #? Parrish

189 #2 Stevenson dec #? Hill 3-0

285 Suder dec Snyder 3-2 

George Stokes (19-16 coming in) over #9 Tiandre Edwards

It seemed as if Edwards was clearly out of shape and became broke. The Anderson kid is a good wrestler that impressed me last year at regionals. Hats off to Stokes for recognizing when he kid has given up and attacked when it counted. Nothing against Edwards, any kid can be beaten on any given day.

I wouldn't call it a mind blowing upset but Kody George of Homestead beat Chad Busz of Whitko in the Carroll Regional final at 119.  George is unranked in the state but is a never say die kid.  From what I understand, he was down to Busz by 5 points with approx 30 secs to go in the 3rd, went on a takedown barrage, forced OT and ended up winning 17-15 in OT.  George is now 37-1.

Not sure if mind blowing but a couple upsets at Jay County:

119 #11 Roe (AC) defeated #9 Carroll(YK)   11-7

140 #19 Van Horn (YK) defeated #9 Faurote (Bell) and #7 Meska (JC)    

I wouldn't call it a mind blowing upset but Kody George of Homestead beat Chad Busz of Whitko in the Carroll Regional final at 119.  George is unranked in the state but is a never say die kid.  From what I understand, he was down to Busz by 5 points with approx 30 secs to go in the 3rd, went on a takedown barrage, forced OT and ended up winning 17-15 in OT.  George is now 37-1.

mind blowing was the 3rd period of that match!! what a impressive display of heart, he did the same thing in the NHC conference finals against Knueke! Never gave up and really set him self up for grabbing a ticket to state!

It seemed as if Edwards was clearly out of shape and became broke. The Anderson kid is a good wrestler that impressed me last year at regionals. Hats off to Stokes for recognizing when he kid has given up and attacked when it counted. Nothing against Edwards, any kid can be beaten on any given day.

I don't know what was wrong with Edwards today, but he had to be sick.  He looked absolutely dead as soon as the match began.  It  looked as if he had mono or something.

No it was 0-0. hall was chose down second period and when he got up kade dropped to a single. Kade drove to a double and hall left the wizzer in to long.

leaving whizzer in to long is not getting caught.  Makes it sound like you are taking credit away from Maggert

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.