State Runner Up Disqualified

Devils27

Im sure IHSAA made the mistake, but for someone to confirm i cheated i will cconfront them.  I am not mad at the original person who brought up the question what happened the was a honest question due to info posted on IHSAA, im upset with the person who posted i was DQ'd for cheating and how he came up with his information.

He is a long-time historian of wrestling that has books full of old information.  As someone else said, he probably just copied the updated files from the IHSAA and assumed it was right because it was in his own records.  No joke.  He's literally an old man who is very generous with his information and help on this website.  There is no way it was not an honest mistake.  He most likely just hasn't been back on to realize you want to hear an explanation.

Im sure IHSAA made the mistake, but for someone to confirm i cheated i will cconfront them.  I am not mad at the original person who brought up the question what happened the was a honest question due to info posted on IHSAA, im upset with the person who posted i was DQ'd for cheating and how he came up with his information.

i wouldn't take it personally.  like maligned said, he was just reporting on what was on the record.

I'm sure that the "kick this guy off the board, please" line for a good "first post" was just in jest.  We sometimes have to have a thick skin to post on these boards regularly.

What surprises me the most is not the IHSAA website making a mistake, but TheAncientElder (TAE) not catching it himself.  Surely he had it in his record books accurately at the time, and was possibly even there at State that year.  1992 wasn't so long ago, and TAE is Indiana wrestling's unofficial historian. 

Had that DQ actually happened, I think almost everyone would have heard about it then.  In 1990, when Evansville Harrison's 103 actually did get DQ'd for an illegal practice partner, how long was the delay by the IHSAA in DQ'ing Stevens, and how widespread was the news then?  (Of course this was pre-wrestling board/pre-Internet so times are different.)

• 2 weeks later...

Mistake or not, old or young, goodtimes has every right to be hacked off at TAE.  He put in caps that it "WAS NOT AN ERROR."  I don't know TAE at all but I know everyone on here gives him a lot of credit because he's the stats guy and that's cool but when you come out as an authority on something, emphatically state it was no error and then follow it up with information that clearly should have been ascribed to another person (the  practice partner issue), that person should have been sure of himself before typing such info. 

Jason Terry wasn't accused of any violation, his Evansville Harrison runnerup opponent was.  goodtimes (the Mishawaka runnerup) was put in the same boat at the Harrison wrestler by the IHSAA's mistake.  Terry's and goodtimes' situations are different.

Somehow I doubt that the early 90s Mishawaka teams needed "illegal" practice partners.  I hope goodtimes can get some satisfaction that everything is cleared up and the history books are corrected.

It was only ONE sentence and you couldn't even read it correctly.

I wonder if Jason Terry would have been that upset? (The 'would have been' portion implies his reaction had he been in the same situation.) ...And it was a jest, but thank you for the break-down of their completely opposite situations were different!

wildcat,

You're right.  Just in case, I wanted to make it absolutely clear for goodtimes' benefit.  It's important to him.

goodtimes might seem to be a little bent out of shape on the issue but think about it.  What wrestler wants to bust his hump in the room for several years, make it on the big stage under the lights, just to have the IHSAA screw up the record books for all time?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.