Bloomington South Regional

navy80

I have at least 10 wrestlers making it to state from this list.  Actually 12 but im counting some upsets.  

Heres what i got, and you could take it to the bank.  I finished somewhere in the top 20 for last years

state pickems. Just sayin lol

1.Boomsma ..............State top 3

2.Oneal

3.Clawson

4.Noblitt

Schroeder.........state top 8

Summit

Nicosin

Bryant

119.....................one of the toughest weight. winner of this has best shot at state

Case..............suprising lost last week, he will rebound

Taylor...........could easily win this weight

Broukal............hasn't beaten anyone this year in the top 20.  still has to prove himself.

Hall

Reiker

Resch

Spires

Humprhey

Reiker

Bell

Kelly

Montgomery

Reiker...........Caps off the 3rd reg. title for the triplets.  State top 8

Kerr...........was not dominant at sectionals, need to be

Gast

Seitsinger

Montgomery...........State top 8

Boyd......................state top 8

Mcgaha

Schuler

Farmer............state top 8

Richey..............state top 8/qualifier

Page

Aimers

152............................toughest weight of the day, any of top 3 could win it, winner goes  to state I think? lol

Adams

Lough

Horrocks

Ogle

Holt

Fiddler

Roach

Schaeffer

Wathen.........depends on his semi state draw, could go to state

Spicer.........could upset wathen but i dont see it

Brierly

Bird

189...............all Northview sectional here

Goldman..................finally makes it to state

Bridges

Pleake

Ray

Bass ...........top 8

Knight............state qualifier

See

Young

Collett.........collet gets revenge and wins regionals

Emmitt

Judd

Settle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Kerr can step it up a notch this week, he missed 2 1/2 weeks of practice with a broken hand, so I thought a pin and 14-0 and a come from behind and win in overtime wasn't to bad. Will be a really good match if he and Rieker make it to finals.

Hopefully Kerr can step it up a notch this week, he missed 2 1/2 weeks of practice with a broken hand, so I thought a pin and 14-0 and a come from behind and win in overtime wasn't to bad. Will be a really good match if he and Rieker make it to finals.

I understand, hopefully the 2.5 weeks out doesnt hurt him.  Kerr will see wheres he's at 2nd round against Gast. I am def. rooting for him.

160, the absence of Johnson makes a difference.  Fiddler is hands down the best, major decision over #1 seed at sectional... proves that some coaches seed kids with their hearts rather than common sense.  Shaffer will have his fifth shot at him in semis this week...  the semi-final at sectional was one of the best matches all day, lots of action by both guys, too bad it wasnt the finals match. 

Pretty good picks on your placements at regional...the only one I might change is 112, even though he was upset at sectionals I think engleking from JC will bounce back and place at regionals top 3.  I believe he pinned his first opponent this year already, I could be wrong.  Should be some really good match ups.  Columbus East came out well coached and ready to wrestle yesterday, I hope JC can respond next weekend. 

i like your picks but ic kelly wrestling reiker again in the finals although i dnt know much about bell. also i think holt will run away with 160 pound class. at 152 adams did not look sharp against ogle this wknd he needs to step it up if he is going to win. and finally at 145 ic richey winning it by 4 points or more

103 Boomsma, O'Neal, Noblitt, Clawson

112 Schroeder, Gilbert, Engelking, Bryant

119 Case, Taylor Broukal, Carlile

125 Rieker,Resch, Spires, Humphrey

130 Rieker, Kelly, Montgomery, Bell

135 Rieker, Gast, Kerr, Seitzinger

140 Montgomery, Boyd, Shuler, McGaha

145 Richey, Farmer, Kelly, Aimers

152 Adams, Lough, Horrocks, Ogle

160 Holt, Fiddler, Roach, Shaffer

171 Wathen, Brierly, Spicer, Bland

189 Goldman, Bridges, Pleake, Huddleston

215 Bass, Knight, Young, See

285 Collett, Emmitt, Judd, Settle

10 Champs from Jennings County and 4 Champs from Northview

Advancing to SS: 31 from Jennings County and 25 from Northview

Columbus East 11

Bloomington South 8

Jennings County 7

Northview 5

Edgewood 5

Columbus North 4

Terre Haute South 3

Madison 3

Southwestern 3

Scottsburg 2

Brown County 1

Bloomington North 1

Owen Valley 1

Terre Haute North 1

West Vigo 1

Slightly biased, but I think not too far off.

A couple of predictions:

Methuselah will be mis-pronouncing names and shouting into the Microcphone "SIT DOWN, HEY YOU, YEAH YOU, SIT DOWN, WE CAN'T SEE OVER HERE!!!"

I also predict that nobody will be able to see when a South kid and a Columbus East kid wrestle. The sheer number of coaches will make it look like a lumberjack match. The Barney's vs The Garfield's.

Reiker

Resch

Spires

Humprhey

Reiker

Bell

Kelly

Montgomery

Reiker...........Caps off the 3rd reg. title for the triplets.  State top 8

Kerr...........was not dominant at sectionals, need to be

Gast

Seitsinger

Actually, they are quadruplets, not triplets, everybody always seems to forget that they have a sister that was born the same time too.  ;) ;D  I agree with most of your predictions but I think Emmit at 285 vs Collet if they both get to finals is gonna be a huge and tight match.  I see the winning points coming at the last second or seconds again.  Not sure who'd Id pick but if they make it, look for an awesome battle for the crown.  I also think that Steven Rieker at 135 is on of the most improved wrestlers in the area since last year.  I see a determination in his eyes that wasnt there last year.  I hope he can make it deep into state.  I think Zach and Baron Rieker both have a strong shot at making state as well but I also see them having a chance to make it to saturday of state depending on how they wrestle (provided they make it to semi-state of course, everybody does have a back) at semi state and their match ups friday night.  Baron made it at 119 last year, drew the defending state champ right out of the box.  Wrestled a very good match and tight match, only got beat by 3-4 points if i remember right.

I see Collett with the win at 285, with the upset last week he will be more determined and not try for a late pin. If he can keep the pressure on Emmitt like he was doing and maybe get a couple more stalling calls, he will win regionals. Wouldn't be surprised if he won by @ least 5 this week.

First round winners so far

B south 38-0

Sullivan  28-5

Edgewood  18-2

Southwestern 35-5

Edgewood 35-8

?

J. Cty 34-10

Southwestern 43-1

Owen Valley 28-1

TH South 18-3

C. East 35-8.......................beat Northview  11-10

Madison35-6

B. County 27-9..................4 over 1.....16-2

J. Cty 37-6

Southwestern 31-9

Col. East 37-6

Northview 22-5

Scottsburg 36-6

J. Cty 35-8

Col. East 36-7

Alright let's start it... Horrocks and Adams, what do you think?  Semi-final match.

Situation:

Close match Horrocks goes down in pain with an ankle injury. Clearly he cannot put any weight on it.  Third period tied up there is flurry of cautions from both kids.  Horrocks had a stall warning and was on top.  Horrocks rides Adams most of the period the Adams starts standing up while Horrocks has legs in.  A few times he had them in before Adams began the stand up a few after.  Every time Adams stands up Horrocks gets hit with stalling. 

Horrocks ends up behind by 1 and gets a 2 point hearfall.  He then gets hit for stalling again (legs in before standing up) to tie it up.

On to OT

Horrocks controlls two legs below/at the knee Adams hands on the mat. No takedown called.  Restarts and Adams gets a TD to win.

EPIC match. Long one with lots of blood, injury, table discussion.  I'm sure I missed something, those that are here as well please help fill in the gaps.

Finals match ups as of now.

Boosma vs Oneal

Schroder vs Gilbert

Case vs Taylor

Rieker vs resch

Rieker vsKelly

Rieker vs Kerr

Boyd vs montgimery

Richey vs Farmer

Lough vs Adams

Holt vs Fiddler

Todd vs Wathen

Goldman vs Bridges(after a triple ot win over huddleston)

Knight vs Bass

Emmit vs collet

Can someone post who is in the finals?

Done. Battle for 3rd and 4th coming up, match ups below

Gilham vs ??

Ely vs gilbert

Broukal vs gomez

bullock vs humphrey

Montgomery vs bell

Gast vs partee

Shuler vs page

Cox vs aimers

Ogle vs horrocks

Roach vs saffer

Spicer vs blad

Huddleston vs pleake

Young vs see

Scales vs judd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.