If everyone was the sam weight in the state....... Who would win???

iWatch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i have to go with the 1# ranked kid in the nation at 140.....  Tsirtis  2 time state champ!

Can someone please tell me what Sliga has won?  3rd in state shouldn't even allow him mention in a question like this.  Berry from Merrillville will beat him this year!  You have to be the best at your weight class before you get mentioned on this post.  Cody Phillips.....very deserving vote!

I would pick Tsirtsis as well, but Sliga is remarkable both for his accomplishments so far and because he's done it at such a manly weight class. What bodes well for Sliga is that he's a technician out there--not just bigger and stronger than his opponents. You're right though--Stevenson and Berry are great competition and could knock him off. I like his chances, though.

Can someone please tell me what Sliga has won?  3rd in state shouldn't even allow him mention in a question like this.  Berry from Merrillville will beat him this year!  You have to be the best at your weight class before you get mentioned on this post.  Cody Phillips.....very deserving vote!

Your stuck in the region too much, get out and see other wrestlers

Sliga was a freshman last year @ 189.........finished 44-3, all three losses came to guys who placed 1st or 2nd.  @ 189.  Keep in mind he is a freshman

1. hill cascade jr. 40-6                       W 9-4

2. Scott Marion sr 40-4                     W 7-6

3. Atwood sr. delphi 47-0                 L  0-3

4. Rsoebrock sr. castle 44-3             W 5-1

As Dingo mentioned, he is a triple crown winner.  

Sliga will major Berry and beat Stevenson by 2-4 points.

I believe Sliga beat Stein at freestyle state when he went up to Juniors.  Granted it was freestyle where anything can happen, but it does show how he can stand up to the top tier in another weight class.

You are correct. Sliga actually pinned Stein. Sorry I don't have the link but it's on YouTube.

I think i have to go with the 1# ranked kid in the nation at 140.....  Tsirtis  2 time state champ!

Can someone please tell me what Sliga has won?  3rd in state shouldn't even allow him mention in a question like this.  Berry from Merrillville will beat him this year!  You have to be the best at your weight class before you get mentioned on this post.  Cody Phillips.....very deserving vote!

Berry is tough and getting better Region Watcher, but not yet in the same league with young Mr Sliga. I will put a big shaved ice or a hot dog at state that Sliga wins by at least a major if they meet, get out of your own backyard and see some of the other studs in Indiana. To say he should not be mentioned in this thread shows your lack of knowledge of Indiana wrestling. Sliga pinned Stein in Freestyle, but is going to lose to Berry makes one scratch their head. Do you understand what that little tournament in Fargo is all about??? ::)

I think tsirtsis is the best pound for pound followed in no particular order Phillips, roach and sliga.

As for 189 I think sliga wins but would not be surprised if either berry or stevenson won. Should be intersting to see how the draws end up.

Did sliga win junior or cadet at Fargo?

My top 8 in this order.

1. Tsirtsis,

2. Sliga

3. Roach

4. Raley

5. Phillips

6. Jackson

7. Chad Welch

8. Doug Welch

I think Tsirtsis wins pretty handily if they are all the same weight.  He is this best pound for pound IMO.  Indiana not only has some studs this year, but they are starting to get depth as well.

Your stuck in the region too much, get out and see other wrestlers

Sliga was a freshman last year @ 189.........finished 44-3, all three losses came to guys who placed 1st or 2nd.  @ 189.  Keep in mind he is a freshman

1. hill cascade jr. 40-6                       W 9-4

2. Scott Marion sr 40-4                     W 7-6

3. Atwood sr. delphi 47-0                 L  0-3

4. Rsoebrock sr. castle 44-3             W 5-1

As Dingo mentioned, he is a triple crown winner.  

Sliga will major Berry and beat Stevenson by 2-4 points.

Stevenson has wins over Hill, Rosebrock 10-1 last year, and has beaten and never lost to Atwood, and is also 3-0 against last year state champ at 189 with the closest match being 8-3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.