Twin Lakes Sectional

Bomber

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MWC has a top 2 wrestler in EVERY weight class except 171. The MWC has 10 number 1 seeds & 8 number 2 seeds. Those numbers speak for themselves.  :)

I dont think NW should be ranked #1, not at all. I think NW is a very good team and there season proves that. Could they compete with power houses like Crown point. merriville, Bellmont, Yorktown... the answer is no. But this is the kind of season that establishes a solid wrestling program. NW has come a very long way over the last 5-10 yrs and I am very proud of what they have accomplished this yr, but it seems like everybody is just  hating on them. Why is it so hard to say hey u know what NW had a great season this yr I think I will give them a little RESPECT.  

ha its whatever though I kinda like the taste of HATERADE  ;)

Devildog:  I will be the first to say that NW has had a great year and the coaching staff at NW has done one heck of a job!!!  Thier is NO hate or disrespect to thier program. Great job and pat yourself on the back!  I wish all the best of luck on Saturday and the true seeds will come out on Saturday.  Good Luck to all ;)

wags lost to Brown 4-0  2-0 in the third and he tried a late shot and got scored on.  He beat the FC (fountain central) kid who wrestled up at 140, and the kid from Wawasee was pretty good as well.  He was looking forward to wrestling Shepard from Western, but he didnt wrestle that weekend.  We (Pioneer) have our work cut out.  Where we are good, we are good, where we are weak, we are weak, but we have some kids back in the line up that were out at MWC, we did beat NW in a dual, and had West Central beat if I would have kept my mouth shut.  We have a good tourney team, but our champs need to be champs, and our 2-3 guys need to be champions too.  Even with that we need help because we wont score in several weight classes.  I have seen Logan, and I know their team well, they are well coached, wrestling well, and are solid up and down the line up.  I believe 12 of their kids are seeded.  Should be a good tourney as the Davids try to slay Goliath.  And just so we are clear, YES WE KNOW WE DONT HAVE THE TOUGHEST SECTIONAL, jeesh, enough already, we have several rural schools drawing from 300 or so kids in the entire school.  Pioneer 311, Caston 250, Cass 466, West Central 301, Winamac 395, Frontier 264, Twin Lakes 821, North White 283, South Newton 275, Rensselaer 593, Logansport 1305.  Take out Logan and you have a total enrollment of 3959 OR 600 LESS than Carmel alone.  We get it, small schools, great kids who wrestle hard, with pride, and with class.  Can't wait for Saturday!

Pioneer-If our heavy weight wouldnt of got screwed in the seedings , because the kid from west central didnt wrestle him at our invite, and from what i hear dodged zach dix, we would be 1st based off of seeds

your heavyweight  didn't get screwed!!!! Culp(WC) has met up with him and BEAT him at Caston!!!!!! Culp didn't dodge anyone, he was injured, and he met up with Dix early in the season.  The coaches decided it would be better to wait another week and come back strong at sectionals! Get your facts straight!

your heavyweight  didn't get screwed!!!! Culp(WC) has met up with him and BEAT him at Caston!!!!!! Culp didn't dodge anyone, he was injured, and he met up with Dix early in the season.  The coaches decided it would be better to wait another week and come back strong at sectionals! Get your facts straight!

I know our heavy got beat at caston i wrestled then. If your heavy got beat by dix earlier in the season and then doesnt wrestle half the season and mangum beats dix at conference who was last year sectional champ and conference champ, logically they should both get the nod over him with dix having a better winning percentage and winning head to head, and mangum beating dix at conference but if culp dont make it past dietrich then it wont matter anyways ;D

HWT: should be interesting. I have the winner of Dix/Magnum winning the sectional.

Dix was looking pretty dominate in the MWC championship picking up magnum and slamming him a few times! But then Dix gas take went from Full Throttle to running on fumes, once he gassed out magnum took control. This match should be good & who ever has the better stamina wins the match!

HWT: should be interesting. I have the winner of Dix/Magnum winning the sectional.

Dix was looking pretty dominate in the MWC championship picking up magnum and slamming him a few times! But then Dix gas take went from Full Throttle to running on fumes, once he gassed out magnum took control. This match should be good & who ever has the better stamina wins the match!

Actually I believe this match will be no contest.  Magnum will win by pin again.  Dix just doesn't seem like he has the heart for wrestling this year.  If Dix wrestled like he did last year I would say Dix would win but I don't see it happening :-\

Actually I believe this match will be no contest.  Magnum will win by pin again.  Dix just doesn't seem like he has the heart for wrestling this year.  If Dix wrestled like he did last year I would say Dix would win but I don't see it happening :-\

where u at the MWC Meet??? Anybody there can tell u that Dix was DOMINATING Magnum early in the match.. picking up the 250+ big fella over his head and slamming him hard on the mat a few times! to say this match is no contest is ridiculous.... I dont think the match will go past the 1st round most HWT matches dont, but i think it will be an action packed 2 minutes! Good luck to both big fellas

Lifting awrestler up and returning him to the mat is now considered dominating?  Looked like it was still 2-0 after all that lifting. 

Dix was the aggresser entire match, he was bigger stronger just pushing magnum around the mat, looked pretty domintae, then he gassed out got sloppy and got caught, once magnum laid on him dix just layed there waiting for ref 2 cal it a pin he did not even attemp to bridge or roll through he had nothing left  But yea like i said the wrestler who has the better gas tank wins this match. if dix wouldnt have gassed he would have won the match hands down

where u at the MWC Meet??? Anybody there can tell u that Dix was DOMINATING Magnum early in the match.. picking up the 250+ big fella over his head and slamming him hard on the mat a few times! to say this match is no contest is ridiculous.... I dont think the match will go past the 1st round most HWT matches dont, but i think it will be an action packed 2 minutes! Good luck to both big fellas

Well I was at the MWC meet and I can tell you that yes Dix was dominating, If by dominating you mean getting pinned in the first period while down 7-3. I wouldn't really consider get put on your back twice in the first period a really dominating performance but then again he did pick him up over his head and Slam him TWICE!!!!!!!!

I didn't have to be at the MWC to see this match.  This match is online.  Wrestling is not about picking people up and slamming them its about being able to wrestle for 6 minutes and by using moves to pin the guy.  I guess from your stand point show boating and looking tough has a lot to do with wrestling.  The fact of the matter is Dix couldn't hold down Magnum.

Conditioning is part of wrestling.  If you want to go out show everyone how strong you are by lifting a 285 pound kid over and over, then you better be able to do it for 6 min or better.

Agreed! Like i said Dix gassed out, if he comes out this match and doesnt burn his tank so fast he wins the match

Wow Bomber you didn't know they gave points for lifting guys and slamming them????? Where have you been man??? You must not have attended the North White school of wrestling.

ben askren u r a CLOWN just a straight HATER. I cant wait to see the MWC dominate the TL sectional and NW is 25-4 best record at the TL sectional, might not win it it all but everyboidy there knows they are a top 2 team hands down. NW might not have the toughest schedule but they went out wrestled the teams that were on there schedule and for the most part dominated. You cant blame a team or its wrestlers for who they wrestle, NW has wrestled the same teams & tournamemnts for years and those contracts have to all expire before they can add new teams and tournaments. Im sure in the future the AD will look into getting in some bigger tournaments with better teams but for now the vikings can only go out and take care of buisness and wrestle the teams they are put in front of.

I'm a clown??? Seriously dude your the one with a huge hard on for the MWC and just to let you know I wrestled in the MWC but if you have to be honest with yourself if you have ever been to this sectional you know that Logan will come out and have a lot of kids beat there seeds. I would love more than anything to see the MWC Dominate but after seeing Logan wrestle and watching all the MWC, I'm not as naive as you are.

I don't even live there and have not watched any live dual. But it seems that Logan is the team to beat as they are one of the top 3 or 4  every year.  The MWC looks to be down, after watching it on the broadcast.  The MWC is a bunch of small schools, as is the better part of that sectional minus Logansport.  If Logan falters, I'm sure there will be many teams that could win that sectional.  Of course I'm pulling for Pioneer and I hope they are finally healthy.  North White has done a great job this year.  But Devil some of my best years coaching at Pioneer we were all over the state wrestling Teams like Merrillville, Griffith in their hayday, Lawerence North etc.  I'm sure Jerry will work on that schedule if he has a group of kids that can compete outside the MWC.

I'm a clown??? Seriously dude your the one with a huge hard on for the MWC and just to let you know I wrestled in the MWC but if you have to be honest with yourself if you have ever been to this sectional you know that Logan will come out and have a lot of kids beat there seeds. I would love more than anything to see the MWC Dominate but after seeing Logan wrestle and watching all the MWC, I'm not as naive as you are.

haha that made me laugh (a hard on) not gnna lie

now back to being serious. the MWC has 10 #1 seeds & 8 #2 seeds... im not being naive im just looking at the brackets and the COACHES are the ones who are responsible for seedsing not me..  I have not seen logan wreslte at all or been following them i do my best to follow teams but mainly follow the MWC. If logan is so good then why dont they have guys with higher seeds? Im just saying based of the seedings and the MWC wrestlers ive been able to follow all year i think the seedings will end up pretty acurate when its all said and done

only a few more dasy of waiting to find out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.