zionsville sectional predictions??

kiddo

Team title could be interesting. Carmel ,  HSE, Westfield, , and Fishers have the depth to possibly challenge.  I see each with 5-6 potential finalist.  Sectional title will probably be decided by who gets their remainder wrestlers into those 3-4th place matches.  With the right draws---any of these teams could put out 10-11 regional qualifiers on the right day.

Leb should have qualifiers at 119, 125, 130, and 152----I am not familiar with the reat of their team

Zionsville has 8-9 potential qualifiers with possible finalists at 152 and 160.  They are well coached and on a given day others will get in to the finals as well

Team Champion Prediction:

Toss-up between HSE, Fishers & Carmel

Individual Champion Predictions:

103 ? Belden - WF

112 ? Snyder ?HSE

119 ? Julien - Leb

125 ? Sommer ? Carm

130 ? Parham ? Carm

135 ? Tatom ? HSE

140 ? White ? WF

145 ? Scurria ? Carm

152 ? Frauhiger ? ZV

160 ? Anderson ? Carm

171 ? Frascella ? Carm

189 ? Sliga ? Fish

215 ? Snyder ? Fish

285 ? Melby - WF

Those look pretty.  i curious to see how White does at 140, I'm not sure he is strong enough at that weight to do much past regional. If he can't get the legs in he will be in trouble.  i am  looking for a bunch of upsets at 140 prior to semi-state. That weight class is loaded with alot of talent an under rated young men.  I know they do their best to keep up with wins and loses and make the best predictions they can, they do a really good job.  but they can only talk about so many.  can't wait to see who makes it to semi-state.

my predictions

103---lile ( fishers) vs beldon ( Westfield)---winner at regional could be statebound----Mantel could be a spoiler as he will be 2nd seed most likely  (3 ranked 103's)

112 Gray (Fishers) vs Snyder (Hse)---I will predict that the winner of this match at regional is a state qualifier---neither has been mentioned in polls--though both were semi-state qualifiers last year.   HSE has won both meetings---the second one being 1-0----but not a boring 1-0 match

119--Julian Leb vs winner of Sipher, HSE---HSE won previous match up and should be seeded 2nd.

125 Sommer Carmel vs ? Campbell  Leb ---- Fishers could slip in---has been hot n cold this year

130--Parnham Carmel vs Campbell  lebanon

135---Tatum vs----perhaps Zionsville/ Westfield/ Carmel could sneak in----after Tatum good parity

140---Brady White vs potentially Madden from Fishers---Brady won previous match up 9-6

145  Scurria / Carmel vs T Montes--Fishers---Sounds like Rossville is a candidate as well

152 Irick vs  Zionsville--Fraughlinger---great match first time--Van Camp from Leb is also here

160--Anderson Carmel vs Neiburger (HSE) or Max Youngs ( Zionsville)---ranked 6,7, and 8---I expect Anderson to get the number one seed---though I think Zionsville is also undefeated

171--If HSE drops  --I see him, Westfield, and Carmel (Anderson)

189 Probably Westfield vs Fishers

215  Carmel, Fishers

285 Westfield and Frankton? or is is Frankfort?---Fishers and HSE have very good 285's---Not sure if Carmel will be back from injury or not

Again---I do not know how the other 6 teams are in this Sectional--- I know nothing about any of them---I do expect them to put up a few finalists---sounds like Rossville at 145 might be one example-----Clinton Central, Rossville, Clinton Prarie, Frankton, and Western Boone --I believe are the 5 others---not sure who I am missing.  Dino Brigade is correct-----some very good wrestlers will not get

out of this Sectional.

I do think it is a 4 team race with each team advancing 8-10 to regionals-----On paper Carmel will be the team to beat with a potential 6 finalists ( All could win it)-

HSE is very solid and just about every guy in their line up could place top 6.    I think they placed 11 at the Hoosier Crossroads Conference.  The winner of this sectional will probably meet Noblesville first round of the state duals.

Great day of wrestling at ZHS in one week!  Looking forward to it.  These predictions may change over the next week but here you go......

103-Pick your favorite freshmen...Lile (F), Belden (W), Mantel (Z).  These 3 may finish one way at sectional and finish in a completely different order at regional.  They will be fun over the next 4 years.

112-Much like Timbo, my knowledge is limited to Hamilton County teams, and I do not mean to slight anyone else, however I like Gray of Fishers here.  I think the blood time at the HCC finals distracted him and I like Gray to pull it out.

119-Josh Julien of Lebanon.  Looks to be his, toss up for second however Fishers 119 may be a bit motivated after the HCC.

125-Sommer Carmel.  Enough said.

130-Parham Carmel.  Seems like this kid has been around forever.  I hope he puts together a heck of a run. 

135-I'll go with the young McCloskey of WeBo over Tatum.  McCloskey is impressive.

140-White, Westfield.  Another one that seems to have been around forever, good luck this post season.

145-Scurria v. Miller.  Battle of undefeated wrestlers for the championship.  I take Scurria by fall.

152-Irick v. Frauhiger in the finals.  I think Irick gets him this time.  However Van Camp could be be a factor here, but I still like Irick.

160-Hello Depth......Anderson, Youngs, Neibarger.  I'll go with Anderson.

171-Frascella appears to be the clear cut #1 here.

189-Sliga.

215-I look forward to a rematch of the county finals.  fishers v. Carmel.  I'll take the Carmel 215 this time.

285-I'll pick the Frankfort 285 here over Fishers, HSE, and Westfield.

Team race:

1. Carmel  (Hard to bet against the hounds with so much success and such a senior heavy line up.  Their loss to Fishers at the beginning of the month was without their 215)

2.  Fishers  (Wow...what Coach Harreld has doen there is impressive.  I think theyhave enough firepower to hang with the hounds, but I think Carmel beats them by a small margin)

3.  HSE  (Coach Gastineau, Coach Humphrey, etc. continue to build HSE into a force.  Look out next year.  Is all they lose Smitley?  This team is one year away from being really special!)

4.  Westfield  (This team is the wildcard.  They have been decimated by injuries in the month of January.  If they are at full strength, I wouldn't look past them.  And could leap frog a team or two here)

Great day of wrestling at ZHS in one week!  Looking forward to it.  These predictions may change over the next week but here you go......

103-Pick your favorite freshmen...Lile (F), Belden (W), Mantel (Z).  These 3 may finish one way at sectional and finish in a completely different order at regional.  They will be fun over the next 4 years.

112-Much like Timbo, my knowledge is limited to Hamilton County teams, and I do not mean to slight anyone else, however I like Gray of Fishers here.  I think the blood time at the HCC finals distracted him and I like Gray to pull it out.

119-Josh Julien of Lebanon.  Looks to be his, toss up for second however Fishers 119 may be a bit motivated after the HCC.

125-Sommer Carmel.  Enough said.

130-Parham Carmel.  Seems like this kid has been around forever.  I hope he puts together a heck of a run. 

135-I'll go with the young McCloskey of WeBo over Tatum.  McCloskey is impressive.

140-White, Westfield.  Another one that seems to have been around forever, good luck this post season.

145-Scurria v. Miller.  Battle of undefeated wrestlers for the championship.  I take Scurria by fall.

152-Irick v. Frauhiger in the finals.  I think Irick gets him this time.  However Van Camp could be be a factor here, but I still like Irick.

160-Hello Depth......Anderson, Youngs, Neibarger.  I'll go with Anderson.

171-Frascella appears to be the clear cut #1 here.

189-Sliga.

215-I look forward to a rematch of the county finals.  fishers v. Carmel.  I'll take the Carmel 215 this time.

285-I'll pick the Frankfort 285 here over Fishers, HSE, and Westfield.

Team race:

1. Carmel  (Hard to bet against the hounds with so much success and such a senior heavy line up.  Their loss to Fishers at the beginning of the month was without their 215)

2.  Fishers  (Wow...what Coach Harreld has doen there is impressive.  I think theyhave enough firepower to hang with the hounds, but I think Carmel beats them by a small margin)

3.  HSE  (Coach Gastineau, Coach Humphrey, etc. continue to build HSE into a force.  Look out next year.  Is all they lose Smitley?  This team is one year away from being really special!)

4.  Westfield  (This team is the wildcard.  They have been decimated by injuries in the month of January.  If they are at full strength, I wouldn't look past them.  And could leap frog a team or two here)

mitch snyder of hse pinned grey the first time they mwrestled each other but should be a great match and irick of HSE should pull out with the victory this time around!!irick was hurt last time he wrestled the zionsville kid!! should be great matchs

mitch snyder of hse pinned grey the first time they mwrestled each other but should be a great match and irick of HSE should pull out with the victory this time around!!irick was hurt last time he wrestled the zionsville kid!! should be great matchs

I don't think the blood time distracted him.  The past two times Snyder and Grey wrestled Grey had a good 3 mins of blood time.  The kid is a sive.  Snyder wins by fall

my predictions

112 Gray (Fishers) vs Snyder (Hse)---I will predict that the winner of this match at regional is a state qualifier---neither has been mentioned in polls--though both were semi-state qualifiers last year.   HSE has won both meetings---the second one being 1-0----but not a boring 1-0 match

Not sure either one of these guys can get by anyone on this list:

New castle SS rankings 112

1 Cody Phillips- Union County 11

2 Mason Todd Pendleton Heights 11

3 Cody LeCount- Perry Meridian 9

4 Dominique Price- Indpls Tech 12

5 Tom Gettinger- Connersville 10

6 Riley Newkirk- Lawrence Central 10

7 Alex Sparks- Lawrence North 10

8 Josh King- Roncalli 10

Not sure either one of these guys can get by anyone on this list:

New castle SS rankings 112

1 Cody Phillips- Union County 11

2 Mason Todd Pendleton Heights 11

3 Cody LeCount- Perry Meridian 9

4 Dominique Price- Indpls Tech 12

5 Tom Gettinger- Connersville 10

6 Riley Newkirk- Lawrence Central 10

7 Alex Sparks- Lawrence North 10

8 Josh King- Roncalli 10

it all depends on the draw that you get ! i know this because my brother last year got a good draw and he made it to state so it really depends on the draw you get !!

Miller lost big time to Hodge this past weekend by like 11 or something like that.

Mr. Montes is 1-1 against Hodge.

I think he shall be ranked in State at 145, he only lost to Scurria by 3 and beat Tatum (HSE) at the Hamilton County Tourney, Tatum has since dropped 135 and ranked in State hmmm.

But the finals will be Scurria vs. Montes, its a toss up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.