howe out for season???

zachpierson

I spoke with Andrew last night and he told me he was goal was to be back for Big 10 duals - so unless something new came about today I think he will be working hard to get himself healed and back on the mat asap!

KyMann I think you may be a little confused.  I believe he is asking about Andrew Howe from Wisconsin.

Y2 posted something on the College Board http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,14364.0.html

and

Wisconsin site is buzzing about it.  http://www.wiwrestling.info/forum/index.php?topic=26031.0

But nothing I have read that is official yet.

My bad lol he just mentioned howe, and I wasn't aware of Andrew Howe yet today so I got a little confused ???

Just got a text from Andrew - "they misread the MRI originally.  my hamstring is completely torn and I should be having surgery next week.  Think I'll be out till July". 

This is bad news for Andrew but I know he will work hard to get himself back into shape and be on top again. 

That is horrible news.  Watching the video it did not look that bad, I would have never thought out for 6 months.  Tough break.  Too bad for wrestling as well... Howe vs. Burroughs I, II, III would have been fun.  Hopefully he can overcome this and be back and better.  Too bad he losses a year of winning a national championship.  Could have went down as one of the best 2,1,1,1 and not redshirting.  That sucks.  Been following his career for a while and never remember him being injured at any point. 

Yes  it definitely sucks.  However, at least it happened after getting a national championship title.  Not to many elite wrestlers, not to mention NCAA champions can claim to have never had a serious injury from this physically demanding sport.  Hope for a speedy recovery Andrew.

A torn hammy is  a bad injury,  even sitting down is uncomfortable.  You know that it would take darn near an "act of God" to get Howe off the mat, if anyone can make a full recovery it's him.  Good luck Andrew, you're still the champ.

WOW THIS SUCKS! I was really lookin forward to Howe vs Burroughs II in March would have been fun to watch, would have been huge for the sport!  

Howe taking olympic red shrt next season, if he does best of luck, might get to see burroughs vs howe then! Still has a shot at 2X NCAA Champ and im sure an olympic gold medal would help ease the pain from this season ending injury.

Good Luck Howe, ALL Hoosiers are Rooting for you!

Just heard again from Andrew - They decided not to do the surgery and there is still a chance for him to be back on the mat in March.  They have him doing rehab and upper body lifts and cardio every day.  

Just heard again from Andrew - They decided not to do the surgery and there is still a chance for him to be back on the mat in March.  They have him doing rehab and upper body lifts and cardio every day.  

To add to that

Pritzlaff says there is "little doubt" Howe will be back:

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/7938

I really hope he does what is best for him and his career. Can he be competitive enough to win another title? I hope if he comes back this year he is 100% in my opinion if he wasn't 100% then hold off and concentrate on the Olymics. Then again I'm just some guy in front of a computer, he's a national champ and it's his call. Good luck either way Andrew.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.