Dave Thornton, Perry Meridian

indyt

Wrestling Coaches, wrestlers and fans please keep Coach Thornton in your prayers.  He underwent an 8 hour surgery monday to remove a tumor.  It is cancerous.  He is doing well and for those of you who know Dave or should I call him Super Dave-he will fight thru this.  He has two awesome young girls and a very loving wife caring for him but he also needs us-his second family.  Dave has done many things for wrestling and was the brains behind PM wrestling for many years.  Dave is resting at the Carmel St. Vincent hospital on 136th st for the next few days.  Any cards, posts(he reads the mat every day) would go along way in boosting his spirits.  We will make an announcement about Super Dave, Joe Millionaire, The Thor, Lifeline(on who wants to be a Millonaire)....I could go on at our meet with Ben Davis tonight to go along with alumni night.  Many of Dave's former wrestlers will be there in attendance.  Again, our prayers go out to Dave and his family.

Coach Tonte 

Dave, the coaching staff hasn't quite been the same since you left.  However, I know that time is the best gift that you can give your family.  I will be thinking of you and your family.  Get well soon and I will give you a call during the meet tonight with updates.  Coach Glasser

HELLO DAVE:

John Schattner here hope and pray that you are doing well. What you probably need to help you along is a big bowl of ham and beans from Schneider's.I don't post very often in fact this is only my second post . I hope that everyone keeps you and your family in their thoughts and prayers. Coach T has my phone numbers if you want to call you can. Get well.

I really wish coach all the best, We lost our HERO Don Richards my grandfather a little over a month ago to Cancer. Coach and everyone who deal with this. Our in our prayers He is a strong man I wish Mr. Thornton and the Perry program nothing but the best!!

Hello Dave, Gene Dibbern here, Want to send our thought and prayer from our family. You were always there for us from the very beginning and we are here for you now. If there is any thing we can do feel free to call on us. Just a quick story foryou to ponder. I recieved a letter from the Wrestling Hall of Fame just before Christmas and they shared a letter from a person who saw the boys picture in the musuem. It seems there is a family in Nebraska named Dibbern and they have an older son who is a state wrestling champion and they have a set of triplets boys in the eighth grade who also wrestle. I would like toknow the odds of that.... Coach Dave we want youto know we are thinking of you and your family in yourtime of need, Gene

• 1 month later...

Thank you to everyone who responded here or kept me in their prayers. I am humbled, but not surprised by the outpouring of support and warm wishes that have come my way. Wrestling is a tightly-woven community and though we all battle each other with everything we have, the support we show in times of need is equally stout. I am now in my 3rd week back at work and the chemo is progressing nicely. I anticipate a full recovery and still plan on running the mini this year. Thanks again to everyone.  Dave Thornton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.