Favorite Match You Ever Wrestled Or Seen?

Yes, the Wright vs Eppert match sticks out in my mind as the best. Eppert was(is) a training machine. A great case study on being mentally tough when it counts.  Two great indiana wrestlers going at it.

I have only been really following Indiana wrestling for the last 5 years or so, but Eppert vs. Wright is easily the best match I have ever seen. Everyone knew the match was coming, and it more than lived up to the hype. I was exhausted after watching it. Such a great battle.

Not going to make too many lists, but in 2001, a guy that I thought could beat anybody, anywhere, Nick Koons from Bellmont wrestled some freshman from Evansville on Saturday morning at Conseco in the semifinals.

Nick lost in OT (6-4, it's amazing how you can remember scores from matches 10 years ago but you constantly forget your anniversary date) in a heartbreaker, and that freshman went on to win 4 state titles and ended up being one of the best of all-time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.