Mid Season Transfer

littlevito

Unfortunately it is all about the WIN!

More tarnish on the sport we LOVE!

And don't expect the IHSAA to do anything, except throw this back in our faces.   " Wrestling Coaches aren't moral enough to not allow this to happen,  we can't support them when they cannot even tell the difference from right and wrong."

You REAP what you SOW!

One wrestlers parent did get a job out of state and it was talked about at the beginning of the season that it might happen.

One is moving in with another parent.    So let him wrestle next year  at that school.

One is moving  over an hour away, and pretty sure there wasn't a parent job involved(WINK).   But, maybe grandma and grandpa have a place there, so lets avoid the punishments and send him there.

Did they start shopping their wrestler closer to home ?  Was Yorktown the first one that said yes? What parents even consider this?    Your child will transfer out through wrestling season then transfer back to get his beloved diploma from the school he attended for 3 .5 years.

Shameful to say the least.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes on REPUTATION.  Seems appropriate...

"A good name, like good will, is got by many actions and lost by one." - Lord Jeffery

"Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was."  - Margaret Mitchell

"A good reputation is more valuable than money."  - Publilius Syrus

"Regard your good name as the richest jewel you can possibly be possessed of -- for credit is like fire; when once you have kindled it you may easily preserve it, but if you once extinguish it, you will find it an arduous task to rekindle it again.  The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."  - Socrates

A few thoughts on this:

1 -

If in fact these wrestlers (in State) have transferred are they cleared by the IHSAA to compete this season?

2-

Lots of people are implying wrong doing on the part of certain coaches/schools, but does anyone know for sure that the coaches/schools are not honoring the suspensions from the previous school.  I agree that they should honor them, but it seems that most people are assuming that they are not honoring them......automatically looking for the worst and trying to put somoene down before all of the facts are known.

3-

How many coaches (not self righteous fans) would actually turn away a wrestler who wanted to come to their school?  If any of the guys mentioned had come to me, my response would have been to welcome them in if they could be cleared by the IHSAA, and with the understanding that our school honors any suspension from another school.  I think if everyone is honest that would be the response of most.

A few thoughts on this:

1 -

If in fact these wrestlers (in State) have transferred are they cleared by the IHSAA to compete this season?

2-

Lots of people are implying wrong doing on the part of certain coaches/schools, but does anyone know for sure that the coaches/schools are not honoring the suspensions from the previous school.  I agree that they should honor them, but it seems that most people are assuming that they are not honoring them......automatically looking for the worst and trying to put somoene down before all of the facts are known.

3-

How many coaches (not self righteous fans) would actually turn away a wrestler who wanted to come to their school?  If any of the guys mentioned had come to me, my response would have been to welcome them in if they could be cleared by the IHSAA, and with the understanding that our school honors any suspension from another school.  I think if everyone is honest that would be the response of most.

It would be very hard for me as a coach to go to a kid that has done everything we asked of him this season and say... "well you are JV now since so and so moved in this week." 

i feel bad for the kids that worked there butts off all season for a varsity spot and now there season may be over with ,

I feel sorry for the kids that are doing the right things and staying out of trouble. To have this attention taken away from them and the focus on people finding ways around rules (maybe)! What happened to kids who had to go home and face dad for their offenses, instead of  parents who are running interfearance for them?

From what I understand.  One of the wrestlers has served his suspension and his school has released him.  The other wrestler I believe has a full year suspension.  Just hear-say.  I don't know any of the facts.  We all want to jump to conclusions.  I agree with coach Peck.  Wait until all of the facts present themselves.

I would first like to  say that when I am wrong I have no problem admitting it and owning up to my error.  Saying that, I would like to say that I have recently discovered more information concerning the situation at Lowell.  Based off of the information I recieved, they  did not deserve to be mentioned in my previous post.  I apologize to Coach Willman and to the Lowell wrestling community.  

first off not bashing the wrestler transfering or the schools but when yorktown last year  had a wrestler move in during the last semester of his junior year with his grandparents from  his parents house in another county he was later denied his athletic transfer because the school he origionally went to would not sign off on his athletic transfer and he later moved back to the origional school and wrestles for them and now a wrestler from another school is transfering to yorktown it seems that yorktown is getting a lot of move ins idk what their coach thinks about it just showing another story of a kid moving schools and not getting signed off

It would be very hard for me as a coach to go to a kid that has done everything we asked of him this season and say... "well you are JV now since so and so moved in this week." 

I do agree with you on that Joe, but again this seems to be a "wait and see" what happens situation that some people are making alot out of that may never totally materialize.  Also...whether the wrestler takes some other wrestlers place in the line-up is not my business.  I think that is between the wrestler and the coach/school and the wrestlers parents.  At present the people on here are just assuming what people are thinking/doing.   

You wouldn't have to worry about welcoming them,  they wouldn't have come to you if you honored the suspension from the other school.   They wouldn't leave the school they are at now,  if everyone honored the  suspension.

It doesn't matter how you want to word it.   It is WRONG!   

What is popular isn't always RIGHT.

What is right isn't always POPULAR.

Do you know for a fact that the suspension is not being (has not been) honored?  You are judging someone without knowing the facts.

What? 

If the suspension is over at the original school, why isn't he back on that team?   Hmmmmmm....... 

This is even more fishy than before.    Punishment served per earlier post, but now still moving, to a team that just so happens is a little light in that weight.

Facts are a funny thing,  People ONLY want to know the facts that are pertinent to them. 

Facts are a funny thing...some people don't consider any of them, or just want to throw something out there to see if it sticks.  I would be glad to consider all of the facts, but you cannot provide any of them other than that a wrestler has transfered.  You want to act like you are all about ehtics and seem to violate ethical conduct with each successive post.

Facts are a funny thing...some people don't consider any of them, or just want to throw something out there to see if it sticks.  I would be glad to consider all of the facts, but you cannot provide any of them other than that a wrestler has transfered.  You want to act like you are all about ehtics and seem to violate ethical conduct with each successive post.

Well put. Anyone can come on and make things up. Coach Peck, I heard a unicorn transferred to New Castle as your new stud 215 pounder, and that he's a former crack addict.

On a more realistic note, why is nobody considering the "fact" that it makes no sense for a family to pick up and move that far away because their kid got in trouble. None of these schools are near Franklin and jobs aren't that easy to come by, I have a hard time imagining parents just picking up and leaving. Until are the facts are out I don't see why people are on here harrassing the families, schools, and coaches. It makes me wonder if they had gone to whatever schools you all are from if you would be nearly as vocal?

For the record, I don't have a connection to any of those schools, I work in higher ed and am just a lifetime fan of the sport and being the son of a teacher and coach I have a great deal respect for our schools and coaches.

Well, to throw my 2 cents in on this I feel that if indeed these students were suspended from wrestling the accepting schools should not under any circumstance let them wrestle and take the position of a wrestler who has worked their butt off all season. It really looks bad on the accepting schools. It shows where their priorities lie.

Y2 I think it is time for this topic to be locked because it is truly not going anywhere. Anyone that knows all the facts doesn't want to share them, so nothing is being accomplished besides hear say. Wrestlers, schools, teams, and coach?s are being bashed and reputations are being questioned with no facts to represent their arguments.

Y2 I think it is time for this topic to be locked because it is truly not going anywhere. Anyone that knows all the facts doesn't want to share them, so nothing is being accomplished besides hear say. Wrestlers, schools, teams, and coach?s are being bashed and reputations are being questioned with no facts to represent their arguments.

Agreed, other harrassing topics get locked quickly, this should to. There are several on the board attacking wrestlers and coaches, seems like it's that time of year when people always seem to start lashing out.

Well, to throw my 2 cents in on this I feel that if indeed these students were suspended from wrestling the accepting schools should not under any circumstance let them wrestle and take the position of a wrestler who has worked their butt off all season. It really looks bad on the accepting schools. It shows where their priorities lie.

The IHSAA by-laws are very clear on this issue. If a student is suspended at one school and transfers to another school the suspension applies at the new school as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.