DAC This Weekend... Who makes the finals...? Upsets?

Region Watcher

103 Fuqua overGarza

112 Saroff over Duque

119 Ayresman over Burlison

125 Garcia over Torres

130 Padilla over Halsted

135 Acuna over Katsafros

140 Tsirtsis over Wartman

145 Roach over Avalos

152 Flamme over Aandafur

160 Quiros over Schurg

171 Sanchez over Stewart

189 Berry over Langren

215 Kral over Robinson

Hwt Biancardi over Swope

UPSET - Garza crushes Buckley , it will be payback ,  Garza has improved so much since the first meeting, that will be the last time Garza ever loses to him . Only way Garza doesn't win is if they don't meet .

Couldn't have said it better myself , saw Garza at the Al Smith and was very impressed , I saw Buckly at the Traicoff and wasn't , I thought Buckly was way overrated and will not make it out of Merr. Semi .

Couldn't have said it better myself , saw Garza at the Al Smith and was very impressed , I saw Buckly at the Traicoff and wasn't , I thought Buckly was way overrated and will not make it out of Merr. Semi .

Buckley was 5-0 at the Triacoff  beating everyone he wrestled including 2 ranked wrestlers. I wasn't impressed with the Match Garza had against Fuqua. If Garza and Fuqua wrestle Saturday I'm saying Fuqua by Fall. But I think Buckley will be in the Finals and I'm still going with Fuqua. I think Harvey and Garcia is going to be a good match I think Harvey is a little under rated in the Region 

UPSET - Garza crushes Buckley , it will be payback ,  Garza has improved so much since the first meeting, that will be the last time Garza ever loses to him . Only way Garza doesn't win is if they don't meet .

Really?

Biggest upset at the DAC...perhaps not an upset but one nobody predicted was Chad Miller of Valpo winning at 130...beat both Cameron Halstead and Al Padilla in a great display of scrambling.  Congrats Chad!!

Also, Buckley beat Garza, and Fuqua is very tough

Biggest upset at the DAC...perhaps not an upset but one nobody predicted was Chad Miller of Valpo winning at 130...beat both Cameron Halstead and Al Padilla in a great display of scrambling.  Congrats Chad!!

Also, Buckley beat Garza, and Fuqua is very tough

Was there....  Good action.  Very surprised Buckley beat Garza 5-3.  Questionable first 2 points but good match and justified.

Fuqua is very tough....  He will be a major factor in 103 state.  He is that good!

Also great final match between Miller and Padilla.  Tough match, nose bleeds, rowdy crowd and some good wrestling.  Also good sportsmanship by both wrestlers. 

Couple other th0ughts....  Ayersman is of course fantastic but I can't get it out of my mind he is possibly beatable!  Tsirtsis wrestled pretty dirty a few times throwing his opponent on the gym floor once in the final match while up by 10 points.  Also Berry may be the best 189 in the state

Was there....  Good action.  Very surprised Buckley beat Garza 5-3.  Questionable first 2 points but good match and justified.

Fuqua is very tough....  He will be a major factor in 103 state.  He is that good!

Also great final match between Miller and Padilla.  Tough match, nose bleeds, rowdy crowd and some good wrestling.  Also good sportsmanship by both wrestlers. 

Couple other th0ughts....  Ayersman is of course fantastic but I can't get it out of my mind he is possibly beatable!  Tsirtsis wrestled pretty dirty a few times throwing his opponent on the gym floor once in the final match while

Tsirtsis was a little more agressive in the semis too. I wouldn't say dirty unless you say pushing guys down out of bounds. But I would say Jason wrestle a little more agressive. He got in to it last tear with Schrader at the Triacoff where at one point I thought he was going to tackle him from behind

I  also wanted to say that Josh flamme is one of the most consistent and tech sound wrestlers in the area.  Tsirtis, Roach, and Kral get a lot of attention, but I always am impressed by Flamme and the job he does on the mat

Agreed.  RankingsGuy knows the score though

Where was Jake Fuqua???  Is he hurt?  Sick?  Ineligible? 

Ive noticed he has been out for a few weeks and did not wrestle today.  I hear he is pretty good and was looking forward to seeing him wrestle. 

I thought someone said he was Sick earlier in the week. But i know he has missed a lot of time. They also didn't have Blue there which has been wrestling in his spot

Buckley was 5-0 at the Triacoff  beating everyone he wrestled including 2 ranked wrestlers. I wasn't impressed with the Match Garza had against Fuqua. If Garza and Fuqua wrestle Saturday I'm saying Fuqua by Fall. But I think Buckley will be in the Finals and I'm still going with Fuqua. I think Harvey and Garcia is going to be a good match I think Harvey is a little under rated in the Region 

I would have to say I sm impressed with Buckley with a 4-0 loss to Fuqua and 4-2 win tonight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.