Cathedral Six Way 1-15-11

rdrodd1

Who all will be there this weekend???

Thanks

New Castle brings in a pretty good team with Mullins, the Decker boys, Mofield, Campbell so we will see some good matchups:

119 Venezia vs Campbell

125 Catron vs Larson

130 Decker vs Harvey

140 Cosaro vs Rose (maybe)

160 Willis vs Decker

215 Bernard vs Mofield

GO IRISH!

Hey Hughes, NC knocked off Cathedral but somehow lost to New Haven.   

That's NC all season.  Strong enough individuals to hang with top teams.  Weak enough individuals to let weaker teams hang with them.

Not sure on individual results but, in regards to Arlington (as if anyone cares), we went 0-5 on the day.  The kids looked much better, although far from elite, but they showed signs of progress.  Granted, we only competed with 7 kids, but individually everyone made strides to attempt, or stop, something they hadn't in past matches.  This entire year was a wash from the beginning but I was relatively proud of our kids.   If it weren't for grades we would have brought an entire team, so we are working dilligently to change that culture within our program.  When at full strength, we won't neceessarily beat the elite but we would be able to compete with teams somewhere in the middle of the pack - which is a far cry from years past.  I was definitely impressed with the Venezia/Campbell match the most as both kids have a hard nose and wrestle for 6 minutes.  Great job teams and thanks to Mr. Fox and Coach McGinley for hosting another great tournament!  The hospitality room doesn't hurt either, especially when you are sharing it with some of the best looking coaches in the state! ;)

Coach Hull, just remember you are making a difference in the lives of your wrestlers no matter how small it is. By keeping the team afloat you are teaching these young men many great life skills. I hope these young men realize the commitment, dedication and effort you have put out to help them become better wrestlers. I don't know how long you have been at your current position but hopefully you can continue to better your program. Best of luck and keep your head up. The wrestling community can always coaches like yourself.

Not sure on individual results but, in regards to Arlington (as if anyone cares), we went 0-5 on the day.  The kids looked much better, although far from elite, but they showed signs of progress.  Granted, we only competed with 7 kids, but individually everyone made strides to attempt, or stop, something they hadn't in past matches.  This entire year was a wash from the beginning but I was relatively proud of our kids.   If it weren't for grades we would have brought an entire team, so we are working dilligently to change that culture within our program.  When at full strength, we won't neceessarily beat the elite but we would be able to compete with teams somewhere in the middle of the pack - which is a far cry from years past.  I was definitely impressed with the Venezia/Campbell match the most as both kids have a hard nose and wrestle for 6 minutes.  Great job teams and thanks to Mr. Fox and Coach McGinley for hosting another great tournament!  The hospitality room doesn't hurt either, especially when you are sharing it with some of the best looking coaches in the state! ;)

Brendan Campbell and I were watching Noah's matches against Cathedral and Connersville. It's unreal what he's become in just over 2 months. And his grades make him even more impressive.

Nick, you are doing a great job Arlington. I know the growing pains that I went through my first couple of year at Howe. We are blessed to be in the position that we are in to help change young mens life's. IMO that's what coaching is all about. Some advice that I have taken to heart from our previous head, Robert Young, was to start with "core group" of kids that you can count on and that have bought into the philosphy of your program and the rest will fall in line. But it starts with dedication and discipline. Something that I know that you are instilling in your wrestlers'. Stay the course and your harvest will bear friut soon!!!!  See you at conference.

There was a bunch of great wrestling today :) Shout out to the Gettinger boy bumping up for the better matches at 119 although he lost against Venezia (he lost 4-3 very good match) and Cambell(fall  :( ) still tough considering the weight difference. And to the other Connersville wrestler who came in clutch against the ranked Cody Kendle winning with a last second takedown.

Campbell and Venezia was an excellent match.  I can speak for only myself and say the sportsmanship both delivered at the end was outstanding.  Its obvious both have learned alot aoput themselves  and this great sport over the years.

Coach Hull,

You are doing a awesome job, not only are you breaking ground with the children you are teaching them about life through this great sport.  It takes a special person to do what you are doing please keep up the good work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.