Hoosier Conference Seeds

sodakchamp

Teams: Benton Central,Delphi,Rennselear,Sheridan,Tipton,Twin Lakes, and West Lafayette

103:Marvel (Del), Wortman (BC), James (Tip)

112:Weise (BC), Denton (TL), White (WL), Alderman (Del)

119:Atkinson (BC), Douglas (TL), Hickman (Renn), Brown (Del)

125:McTaggert (BC), Tribett (TL), Jones (Del), Boucher (SH)

130:Madison (BC), Scott (WL), Dick (Tip), Price (Del)

135:Martin (Renn), Alderman (Del), VanMeter (WL), Long (Tip)

140:Hardesty (TL), Martinez (BC), Cox (Tip), Hume (SH)

145;Miller (Del), Ponto (BC), Thomas (TL), Davila (Tip)

152:Palmieri (WL), Northcutt (Renn), Capes (SH), Connor (Del)

160:Rumell (Del), Green (Renn), Robinson (BC),Doty (WL)

171:Lynde (Del), Winkle (TL), Hein (Tip), Potts (Renn)   

189:Patton (WL), Stichter (BC), Bradshaw (Del), Winkle (TL)

215:Berumen (Del), Ricks (BC), Warner (Tip), Callahan (SH)

285:Anderson (Del), Miller (SH), Duvall (WL), Wortman (BC)

Looks like a two dog race this year between Delphi and Benton Central

Big match-up of the tourney is at 171 Lynde and Winkle, both wrestlers undefeated

I think your BOOT is in the wrong place,

oracles by 30

What was the winning margin last year?

As far as seeds Delphi has 6 firsts, 1 second, and 2 thirds. Benton Central has 4 firsts, 5 seconds, 1 third. They match up well if the seeds are accurate. Have they gone head to head yet?

What was the winning margin last year?

As far as seeds Delphi has 6 firsts, 1 second, and 2 thirds. Benton Central has 4 firsts, 5 seconds, 1 third. They match up well if the seeds are accurate. Have they gone head to head yet?

Delphi beat them earlier this year at the logansport duals.

Tournament host Delphi seeks its fifth straight conference championship behind six No. 1 seeds. But Benton Central, led by two-time conference champion Alec Weise (27-1), could challenge for the title.

At 171, the championship match could feature two undefeated juniors. Top seed Tanner Lynde of Delphi, a two-time conference champion, is 29-0. No. 2 seed Christian Winkle of Twin Lakes is 31-0.

Other top seeds for the Oracles include Adam Marvell (103), Cody Miller (145), Dayton Rummell (160), Alonzo Berumen (215) and Roy Anderson (285).

West Lafayette's Eric Palmieri (21-1 at 152) will try to defend his No. 1 seed and win his second conference title in three years. Teammate Kyle Patton is the top seed at 189.

Justin Atkinson (119), Erik McTaggart (125) and Aaron Madison (130) join Weise as top seeds for the Bison.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20110114/SPORTS01/101140342/Wrestlers-gear-up-for-conference-meets

I just talked to a friend who is there and they said that Delphi is leading so far and that Lynde beat Winkle 9-0. They said that most of the finals have Delphi wrestlers in them.

If that score is accurate im gnna have 2 eat my words! I thought Lynde Winkle would b a closer match  then  9-0 thats very impressive, winkle was undefeated coming in and has been a very good wrestler since entering HS

Lynde might just be at the top of the podium come conseco

If that score is accurate im gnna have 2 eat my words! I thought Lynde Winkle would b a closer match  then  9-0 thats very impressive, winkle was undefeated coming in and has been a very good wrestler since entering HS

Lynde might just be at the top of the podium come conseco

I would suggest that Twin Lakes does not wrestle a schedule to prepare their top guys for Merrillville SS and state.

Delphi Has an extremely strong schedule and that is why we are currently dominating the Hoosier Conference. Conference is a step down for the most part. According to the Genius rating Our strength of schudule is 21 or 22 and that definately prepares our boys for conference and secti0nals an beyond.  Maybe Lynde will be under the Lights this year, only time will tell.

Delphi Has an extremely strong schedule and that is why we are currently dominating the Hoosier Conference. Conference is a step down for the most part. According to the Genius rating Our strength of schudule is 21 or 22 and that definately prepares our boys for conference and secti0nals an beyond.  Maybe Lynde will be under the Lights this year, only time will tell.

I agree with you. Racking up wins during the regular season is meaningless if they don't prepare you for championship season.

I would suggest that Twin Lakes does not wrestle a schedule to prepare their top guys for Merrillville SS and state.

TL has there tournaments that they wrestle yr in and yr out, some yrs the teams they wrestle r up some yrs they r down. Being in white county & the lafayette area I think they do as good as job as they can. they wrestle Conf & sectional opponets through the season just like most teams.

They are too far away too schedule some of the best teams from DA REGION like CP,Merrilville,Portage ect. and too far to wrestle teams in the Indy area. They could prolly try & squezze 2-3 mactches with better teams through the yr

TL has there tournaments that they wrestle yr in and yr out, some yrs the teams they wrestle r up some yrs they r down. Being in white county & the lafayette area I think they do as good as job as they can. they wrestle Conf & sectional opponets through the season just like most teams.

They are too far away too schedule some of the best teams from DA REGION like CP,Merrilville,Portage ect. and too far to wrestle teams in the Indy area. They could prolly try & squezze 2-3 mactches with better teams through the yr

If Delphi can do it, Twin Lakes can too.

Delphi and Twin Lakes are only 15-20 miles apart and we wrestle schools from the region and Indy during the year!!!!!!!!

To name a few: Chesterton, Elhart Memorial, Munster, Portage, Carmel, Zionsville,Perry Meridian, Warren Central, New Palestine. Yes we get beat by most of thes teams but we compete. If you want to be the best you hav e to wrestle the best and we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delphi and Twin Lakes are only 15-20 miles apart and we wrestle schools from the region and Indy during the year!!!!!!!!

To name a few: Chesterton, Elhart Memorial, Munster, Portage, Carmel, Zionsville,Perry Meridian, Warren Central, New Palestine. Yes we get beat by most of thes teams but we compete. If you want to be the best you hav e to wrestle the best and we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im assuming you are from Delphi but not sure as you dont really say... but I agree.

Havent heard so dooes anyone have results ?

ff

I agree that TL's schedule is very weak.  But other than the meat grinder at North Mont. over the holidays, where does Delphi go that makes their schedule so much tougher than the rest of the local schools.  I would venture to say that the handful of boys that go to boiler Elite club or other places explain Delphi's success a bit more than schedule toughness. And some naturally good wrestlers don't hurt. 

Delphi"s schedule starts at Chesterton were we wrestle Chesterton, McCutcheon, Elkhart Memorial, Munster, add Shenandoah. The next week we went to Lafayette Jeff and wrestled Roncolli, Griffith, Zionsville, Warren Central, and Jeff. Next a few indivdual duals with Carrol and Frankfort.  We go to Logansport and take on Peru, LOgansport, Culver Military, Benton Central, and Rochester.  Another dual with West Lafayette and off to the Twin Lakes 16 team invitational (finished third without Lynde and BRown two varsity guys). Then its off to the meat grinder of the North Mont. Holiday duals were we went 3-4 as ateam beating Warren Central, New Palestine, and North Montgomery, losing to Carmel, Perry Meridian,Bloomington South, and Portage. Next it's off to North Newton for the Nick Spitler invite.

We wrestled Frontier, North Newton, South Newton, and Boone Grove. We lost three matches in four duals, I wonder why we are so dominate? Next tourney for the Oracle matmen is conference which we won for the fifth straight year.  Yes we do have kids that go to Boiler Elite and so does Twin Lakes and few of the other schools in our conference.  Funny to hear that Delphi has naturally good wrestlers  and nobody else does. That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!  Delphi has been getting better and better and we are confident that our schedule helps that cause.  Our strength of schedule definately prepares us for conference and sectionals and on beyond. Team state finals two years ago and a number of state qualifiers. the last 5-6 years

Delphi"s schedule starts at Chesterton were we wrestle Chesterton, McCutcheon, Elkhart Memorial, Munster, add Shenandoah. The next week we went to Lafayette Jeff and wrestled Roncolli, Griffith, Zionsville, Warren Central, and Jeff. Next a few indivdual duals with Carrol and Frankfort.  We go to Logansport and take on Peru, LOgansport, Culver Military, Benton Central, and Rochester.  Another dual with West Lafayette and off to the Twin Lakes 16 team invitational (finished third without Lynde and BRown two varsity guys). Then its off to the meat grinder of the North Mont. Holiday duals were we went 3-4 as ateam beating Warren Central, New Palestine, and North Montgomery, losing to Carmel, Perry Meridian,Bloomington South, and Portage. Next it's off to North Newton for the Nick Spitler invite.

We wrestled Frontier, North Newton, South Newton, and Boone Grove. We lost three matches in four duals, I wonder why we are so dominate? Next tourney for the Oracle matmen is conference which we won for the fifth straight year.  Yes we do have kids that go to Boiler Elite and so does Twin Lakes and few of the other schools in our conference.  Funny to hear that Delphi has naturally good wrestlers  and nobody else does. That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!  Delphi has been getting better and better and we are confident that our schedule helps that cause.  Our strength of schedule definately prepares us for conference and sectionals and on beyond. Team state finals two years ago and a number of state qualifiers. the last 5-6 years

call up coach Wadkins at Calumet you guys should add the Triacoff

Someone needs to define "naturally good wrestlers" to me.  If that means dedication, hard work-out schedules and living the sport like it's their job, then yes, Delphi just may have some "naturally good wrestlers" but to me it's just hard work and focus  (and many are multi-sport athletes and their dedication flows into other sports).  I have been following Delphi wrestling for several years now and travel a good distance to some of the tournaments Sodakchamp mentioned (along with just about every other Delphi fan).  It's an easy decision, you travel to the big tournaments or you don't, but don't complain if you don't.

Anyone not taking advantage of Boiler Elite that resides within the Lafayette area who is not taking advantage of such a great tool shouldn't complain.  Great coaching, great work-outs, local and very reasonably priced.  It's one of Lafayette's best-kept secrets.

I also understand HS scheduling occurs at least a year in advance, so those schools trying to get into more competitive tournaments need to make changes now for the future. 

Delphi isn't doing anything special, the wrestlers are.  Delphi just ensures that they keep great coaches on staff who recognize potential in young kids and help develop them through their programs.  Love it or hate it, it really is just the basics of developing the athletes they have and putting those athletes in tough competition through-out the season to improve them (and in my opinion, give them a taste of what conference and beyond will be like, win or lose). 

I am not going to comment on specifics at conference, but maybe there were some expectations of matches where people didn't account for some wrestler's accomplishments based on opponents leading up to conference.  The outcome of some matches just seemed to me to be very over-publicized and that's a shame because every wrestler there went in to do their best...some did, some didn't but the truth of the matter is, they are just kids and they all battled and it made for a great conference tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.